Warriors Gate Productions 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey gang, so how you doin'? G'day 'eh, and like, welcome to my blog.

I thought I'd throw up an honest-to-goodness actual business related blog here to let you know a bit about Warriors Gate Productions, who we are, where are thoughts are at and where we are going.

First off, let me introduce myself. I'm Rick, and together with my studio partner, Sean Dabbs, are WGP. Sean is the sculptor. He does the heavy lifting. He's worked professionally in the toy industry for years, He's sculpted Scooby Doo. He's sculpted Doctor Who stuff. Beckham. Fantasy miniatures.

You can see his portfolio on our official new website here in the Commissions section.

I'm everything else. I hire and co-ordinate work with all of our tailors (we have four right now working far ahead on different projects for next year), am the line production manager, helping to develop the projects beyond the the sculpting process and making anything else that needs to get made gets done. I help out where I can with the likenesses. I'm the concept artist when need be, our website builder (which will eventually let you order stuff off of), I haze the interns as much as I humanly can, and run the forum threads to free Sean so he has time to toil in the dungeons and create.

We have an attitude about our heads where we'd like to offer you different expressions for the characters that deserve it so you have a choice of heads to switch out between. I love having options on my own shelves.

We are currently working on our own movable eye system for our heads. Not every character needs it, but it's a pretty cool option for the ones that warrant it.

We make the 1:6 things we love ourselves then share them with you. We don't believe in doing super small expensive runs on heads because we don't want people to miss out
on something they've been wanting as much as us because we've priced them out of being able to buy them.

Our biggest hold-up has been that most of the things we really like or want to make sort of NEED to have costumes made for them to have the heads actually be useful so that really has slowed releases down.

Right now in 2010 we have done heads for "Batman Returns", "True Blood", and "Doctor Who".

In 2011 we will add to those lines and make costumes for our Doctor Who characters, as well as finally debuting our talked about "Burtons Gotham" line (making the Batman villains that never appeared in the Burton movies cast with 90's actors chosen by YOU).

We will also be doing a Carl Kolchak from "Kolchak the Nightstalker" with lots of accessories and begin offering some "classic Battlestar Galactica" characters in spring 2011 with some nice uniforms to be offered (hopefully) at the same time as well.

Here is the current costume design we are running with for our Burtons Gotham "Poison Ivy", for which we will be making the Charlize Theron head for, and also second runner up Ashley Judd (because her numbers were so high as well).

Ivycostume6copy.jpg

We will also be making a giant man eating plant base to go with her separately as an accessory.

Whether IVY or Scarecrow is our debut "Burtons Gotham" character is all up to a spin of the coin as to which tailor finished first.

Have a great 2011, everyone! May yours kick 2010's ass!
-Rick

Back