Warrior13 Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior13

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just want to introduce myself and some of my custom work. I have been sculpting for several years now, but only recently discovered these 12 inch figures and they are quite fun to work with. This is my latest sculpt and paint test. Please let me know what you guys think.

I need help in finding a good outfit for him. Does anyone have suggestions for the suit he wears in Havana? Also, what are some good body types to use? I only have a Soldier Story body right now, but I have a Hot Toys TrueType on order from an ebay seller coming. I sculpted this head to fit the Soldier Story body.

michael3.jpg
michael2.jpg
michael1.jpg

Thank you, Marfmaster. I tried a new technique I picked up from one of my coworkers who does digital photo touch-ups called "mottling." She does it in Photoshop for photos and things like that, but I tried to apply it with painting and it came out pretty good. You layer thin layers of paint in different colors to build up the variances in skin tones.

My sculpting is still very rough though. If you look closely, you can see a lot of my fingerprints on there. :p I usually smooth everything out, but on the last few heads, I tried to add more texture to the skin.

Elvis, CPhan, thank you for your kind words. Working with garage kits for several years helps. :) The scale is a little smaller so I find myself taking much longer to paint these figures than the kits. There are so many talented artists here I've been spending so much time just looking at everyone's beautiful customs.

awesome work man, what did you use to cast the head? do you add pigment?

damn that is awesome! i thought you couldn't paint?! :p

please, please, please make this sculpt available. painted of course :lol

Cheung, thank you for your kind words.

Imaresqd1, I use Alumilite resin. There is no pigment added. It's just the plain white resin that Alumilite carries. The paint is just standard acrylic hobby paints you can find at Michael's Arts and Crafts. I have not tried casting in color or tints, but I will try one of these days. I have seen some very nice heads done by other artists here using that method.

Jinroh, I didn't say I couldn't paint. I said that I can't take painting commissions because of my work schedule. I just don't like to take something on if I don't know when I can finish. PM me and we can discuss some more.

Here's a quick update on Michael. I found this suit on eBay and it's pretty well done. I made the ascot out of some old fabric I had lying around, but I will try to find a more accurate pattern to the one worn in the film. My quest continues as I find the dark suit for him. Does anyone know where I can find a black suit with an inside vest?

mike3.jpg

mike2.jpg

mike1.jpg

nice! he's looking good. i think saturday toys released a black suit set recently with the inner vest. i'll see if i can find a link for you but i think it was a full figure and not just the suit. will you make the sculpt available?

Nice!. TTL has a black suit with a vest, but it's kind of pin stripped:

thumb_1250578096Sgcv.jpg

I have this suit for a transporter bash I did, looks great, the stripping is not that noticeable (I think, haha), and it's cheaper than the Saturday Toys suit, that is if you can find the suit parted out.

Back