War machine concept...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legion

Super Freak
Reaction score
Supposedly this is concept art for Iron Man 2, I don't follow Iron Man very closely so you all may have seen this but it doesn't hurt to post in case anyone might have missed it:

warmachine1.jpg

where did you find that??great pose for a comiquette??is it a project for statue or something??

yes!!!PLEASE!!can we some way forward this to sideshow???

yep, i've also seen this before.
great looking concept though. yet another IM statue ssc will most likely be making at some point:duh

Well,he s got all the gear,M-24 Shotgun,minigun on his shoulder,looks fabulous.It s been knocking around the internet for a while now,but if we can have all those various T-600 concepts,c'mon Hot Toys whadda you say?

I was just browsing someones pics on image search and came across it so I dont know if its legit or whatever.

Sorry bout the repeat post!

This is NOT for Iron Man 2, even at the conceptual stage

This is the Phil Saunders Iron Man 1 conceptual art. It wasn't approved as the script went a different way and did not include War Machine. Originally when facing Iron Monger, Tony's suit needed an add-on to the Mark 3 and the War Machine components finish out the film as the new armor for a new age. That part of the script was completely thrown out (obviously) but his designs still stand, he even drew a Deep Diving Armor version and Stealth Armor for an angle that was held there.

Phil Saunders said:
This first one is a concept for War Machine. I spent a lot of time on developing this suit, which was of course cut from the script about half way through pre-production. Originally it was going to be called the MK IV armor and would have been weaponized swap-out parts that would be worn over the original MK III armor. Earlier versions were red and gold, and would have been worn by Tony Stark in the final battle sequence.

And for those of you speculating, sorry folks, as far as I know, if there is a War Machine in IM 2, it's unlikely to be this one. You'll just have to wait and see!

This image has been around since Iron Man 1 and Favreau already confirmed a while back that none of the conceptuals from the first film would be used in Iron Man 2, that he went back to the drawing board and if you look at the sneak peek of WM from the SDCC Trailer you'll see that its different but can see some of Saunders' original influence there since he stayed true to the comic ideas.

War%2BMachine%2BIron%2BMan%2B2.jpg

This image (Saunders concept) was also the basis for the conceptual War Machine Hot Toys figure in the customs thread and Amin Ko's Mark 3 1:1 repaint.

who are you man??only god knows more than you!!:wacky
thanks for the info!:banana

Hmm...yeah, well...er....I knew that I was just checking :) again sorry folks I dont really follow Iron Man I just saw it and decided to throw it on here!

^Ahh, yes. The leaked trailer from ComicCon does show War Machine at the end.

Back