• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want To Buy: MIB Hot Toys Corporal Dwayne Hicks.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I just registered at Photobucket. Here's my first attempt at posting pictures using a URL link for them. I hope it works!

https://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z104/JediMike71/Aponehelmetoffcloseup.jpg

https://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z104/JediMike71/Apneheadonview.jpg

https://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z104/JediMike71/Aponenohemetkneesup.jpg

There's three links to three different pictures of my custom Sgt. Apone HT figure. Let me know what you think! Thanks agian for the picture help!

Ummmm...well thanks for your honesty Oneye. I guess. My Apone is done. I have already sealed the head with clear acrylic matte spray, and the eyes and lips with gloss acrylic coat. I think he turned out great. I took these pictures with my Kodak digital camera up close on the 5MEG setting. He looks great in person. At least the head looks more like the actor Al Matthews than the crappy one HT originally had on it that didn't look like him at all. But, thanks again for your opinion of him. I am working to do better with each paintjob I do on custom heads. I've taken tips from Lonnie Hale, Mary Lacour and other customizers out there that I like and respect. The Apone is only the fifth head I've done so far.

Cool custom.

I wish I could do that, but I can't paint to save my life. :eek:

Oh and before you click upload pictures at photobucket.com.
Make sure the "max image size:" is set to the: 640 x 480 (option)
Then simply copy the IMG CODE, and paste it in your reply here.

If you follow these instructions,the picture will load automatically, and will fit the screen nicely. :cool:

Like this:
Aponehelmetoffcloseup.jpg

JediMike71 said:
Ummmm...well thanks for your honesty Oneye. I guess.

I apologize, for my blunt post. I lack the ability to express myself in a better fashion. It's good work. For me, there is something off about the eyes and lips.

ONEYE said:
I apologize, for my blunt post. I lack the ability to express myself in a better fashion. It's good work. For me, there is something off about the eyes and lips.
Yeah, your constructive critisism needs constructive critisism. :D :lol

ONEYE said:

See...you have the ability. You just need matching motivation.

Okay, thanks for the picture posting tips Facebox. I'll try it out tonight so I can post more pictures on this board. Well, Oneye thanks for the explanation behind your "review" of my custom Apone. I am sitting only maybe two to three feet away from it right now. I guess my flash on my digital camera obscured the eyes and lips some. I'll try to take some pictures from a different angle, and with the flash turned off. I'm not any expert painter by any means mind you, but I am learning. I'm always open to constructive criticism. But, yes, I am still VERY happy with how he turned out. I took a lot of time and care in painting the great custom head, and repainted his hands to match the skin color on his head too. Here's a picture of my Ripley repainted head. I know I know, it's a little rough close to her face. I'll try to get in there with a much smaller brush, or even a toothpick. But, I just had to get rid of the red hair. I also made her eyes darker. Sigourney does not have blue eyes.

Ripleyheadrepaint010.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin' good Mike! You should start posting a few more pics over in the aliens thread when you get a chance.

Thanks Adam. I'll start posting over in that Alien thread soon, like tonight!
Thanks again for the encouraging words about my customs. I'm always working to get better and better at painting them.

Okay, now I"m bumping my own thread. Anyone have a MIB Hot Toys Corporal Dwayne Hicks that they want to sell to me? I'm constantly looking on eBay for one....no luck at all finding one there right now! If anyone has a Hicks to sell, please PM me as soon as possible! Thanks!

Here's another "bump" from me on my own thread. Please, anyone with a MIB, or even if the box isn't Mint, but the Hicks is still sealed in it, please reply here or send me a PM. Hicks is the last USCM I need from Hot Toys right now! Please let me know if you have one to sell here, or on eBay. Thank you! :D

I have decided to do my own custom "kitbash" of Hicks. I did a buy it now from Black Ops Toys for a Kyle Reese Hot Toys nude body with the hands and feet on eBay. I'll get most of the loose Hudson gear, like the armor, helmet and belt from Monkey Planet. I'll just use my Sgt. Apone's pulse rifle for Hicks since I always pose Apone holding the flamethrower. Finally I'll likely get the new 21st Century Toys police shotgun pack and use of the pistol grip shotguns for Hicks's shotgun. I've already got a "hero head" painted for Hicks that I like. I can get some black and green U.S. soldier Vietnam War combat boots also from Monkey Planet for about $1.00. I'll use a USCM loose HT stand for Hicks and just stencil his name on it if the stand is from another marine like Hudson, Apone, etc. It'll end up being much cheaper than trying to find a MIB Hicks! :D

JediMike71 said:
I have decided to do my own custom "kitbash" of Hicks. I did a buy it now from Black Ops Toys for a Kyle Reese Hot Toys nude body with the hands and feet on eBay. I'll get most of the loose Hudson gear, like the armor, helmet and belt from Monkey Planet. I'll just use my Sgt. Apone's pulse rifle for Hicks since I always pose Apone holding the flamethrower. Finally I'll likely get the new 21st Century Toys police shotgun pack and use of the pistol grip shotguns for Hicks's shotgun. I've already got a "hero head" painted for Hicks that I like. I can get some black and green U.S. soldier Vietnam War combat boots also from Monkey Planet for about $1.00. I'll use a USCM loose HT stand for Hicks and just stencil his name on it if the stand is from another marine like Hudson, Apone, etc. It'll end up being much cheaper than trying to find a MIB Hicks! :D
Good idea. You'll probably be a lot happier that way(And so will your wallet:monkey5 ). Last one I saw went for over $240, so unless HTs gets the idea that people want more of Hicks, the price probably won't be going down anytime soon.

Yeah, I honestly don't see Hot Toys re-issuing Hicks. As badly as us fans that didn't get him the first time (I'm still kicking myself today for missing out on him from Amok Time for a measly $65.00!), I think they have their plate full now. What with the Rocky line going, and the upcoming power loader, and other licenses they've got. So, yeah, it'd be great to see Hicks come back around from HT, but I'm not betting on it. So, I've decided to go the more affordable route and make my own. I may still get the HT Hicks someday, but my kitbash of him will work out just fine for me. :D

Back