Wanderer of the Waste. My 1st post apocalyptic bash (EDIT) UPDATE COMING SOON

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piranha

Freaked Out
Reaction score
UPDATED
I added a pack/bag of junk scavenged for Charles Hughey enjoy.

COMPLETED

I have been in the process of writing my first novel based on an war ravaged post apocalyptic world, That I hope will be a bit different to other stories of the same topic.

I am trying to write it with a refreshingly different look into a world forever changed by the destruction of man.

This figure I have been working on has been specifically made to represent the main character (for this moment in time will remain anonymous)

You may notice I have tried to not include to much military accessories on him following in line with the story, Just enough to get by with.

I will keep you updated as the work continues and together we can see this project through to completion.

I hope you enjoy my take on an old subject.

Please feel free to Ask any questions, comment, criticize.

Steve.

51tqol.jpg

28tcnsg.jpg

209od95.jpg

21osr2p.jpg

dpa5vp.jpg

2vi0bq9.jpg

aayhz8.jpg

rlvzpl.jpg

bea2o6.jpg

Just completed pack of junk.
34j2au8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Wanderer of the Waste. My 1st post apocalyptic bash

Very cool, man. Love the weathering and military accessories. But I'd expect to see him carrying at least some junk, like an empty plastic milk jug and some kind of backpack or something. And I'd expect him to be carrying a long-range rifle in order to avoid close-up conflict, conserve ammo and maybe to hunt, not a heavy machine gun for mowing down battalions of soldiers, unless of course that's just what he was able to scavenge. He'd want to move light and avoid contact, as even a minor injury could mean impede his ability to survive. He'd rather pick guys off at a distance and scavenge their carcass.

See, now you got me thinking along the story line :lol

Very cool, watch out for the landmine:)
Good luck with the novel try and keep it upbeat as the subject might be a little depressing.
Am sure it will be good maybe post some rough drafts or chapters up?

Customs like this are always so cool because they can go with about any apocalyptic movie or game out there. Nice job Prianha. Gotta have the gasmask and I love the real sand in the base. Really gives its a life like feel.

I love it! There's so many little details on there and the weathering is excellent. He's certainly been travelling a long time. Base rocks too,btw.

Nice job!, I want to try my hand at this kind of theme, inspiring stuff, keep them coming!

does he know he is about to step on a land mine? =P

VERY NICE custom bash!!! digging it!!

AWESOME figure man. Love the weathering on him.

As far as your novel, that is awesome. That has always been my dream job. Sounds interesting, keep us posted on how it goes. I'd love to read it.

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

I will post some rough drafts that will explain why he is kitted out like he is.

I do not have him to heavily kitted out, Keeping inline with my story He did have an old abandoned mine shaft to hide in (see miners helmet) but had to escape in the middle of the night because a group of scavengers (Armed heavily) found his one safe place in the world, or so he thought.

Hint. Think of an inner city civilian lost in a broken world, 2 years of fighting and bombing has totally destroyed just about every thing.

No Military bases close by. Sporting/hunting stores that were not destroyed in the bombing were the first pillaged for resources to survive hence the lack of long range (and Modern) firearms.

Scavenging around the city reveals a museum in the basement some WW2 weapons remain and just a bit of live ammo.

Steve.

Updated and completed! I added a pack/bag of junk scavenged for Charles Hughey enjoy..

Keep watching my threads for a sneak peek at my next 1/6 custom post apocalyptic bash (well the weathering of the first parts).

Steve.

Last edited:

Updated and completed! I added a pack/bag of junk scavenged for Charles Hughey enjoy..

Keep watching my threads for a sneak peek at my next 1/6 custom post apocalyptic bash (well the weathering of the first parts).

Steve.

Awesome! Looking at your fig really got the old imagination going. I hope it works for you. Good luck with the novel!

I decided to make a weapon that would go great with my figure bash I completed last month So introducing my Thompson S1 A.S.R.

Base weapon is a Thompson M1A1 Sub Machine Gun (TSMG)

I completely replaced the barrel with a longer one made of metal.
Added a new stock cut down from a M 16.
I also added a scope, some detailing and full weathering.

Here's a quick pic, I will update with better pics soon.

I hope you like it.

Steve.
2lk88ja.jpg

Back