Wallace and Gromit : A Matter of Loaf and Death

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocturne

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone else seen it over this Christmas (Was suprised there's not a thread already) really enjoyed it, best one I thought since the Wrong Trousers and much better than the film.

Has some great references such as Aliens and the Batman movie from the 60's :D

I have to disagree. I saw it in HD which was amazing. And I still laughed quite alot at the funny parts, but I enjoyed the movie more (better story IMO). It was better than A CLOSE SHAVE though. Still any W & G is better than most comedys

I did enjoy that it was darker than it's pre-decessors. Admitedly I haven't watched the others for quite a while and they've all been excellent, they just set the bar so high for themselves on each one.

I didn't like curse of the Were-Rabbit though, you get the feeling there was too much studio inteference. A bid to make it more accessible to American Audiences, where a lot of it's charm has always been it's unique Englishness. Nick Park has complained about being more restricted on the movie.

Is patronising to American audiences as well I think, if they got it when it was quirky and English why mess with it.

Someone on Wikipedia said there was some sort of Terminator 2 reference in there, I for one didn't see it, anyone else notice it ?

The homage's were beautifully subtle I thought though, especially the Batman one, no one realised why I was rolling around laughing at it :D

It hasn't been released over here....yet. :(

It should be pretty easy to find on the net now, it had it's premiere showing in Australia on the 3rd of December!! and the French had it Christmas eve. Yet somehow they were wondering how it ended up on youtube before it's Christmas showing...Dumbasses!

it was on the news that it was the most watched program on crimbo day for years with 15million viewers, im not suprised there was fu ck all on this christmas TV was shocking

it was on the news that it was the most watched program on crimbo day for years with 15million viewers, im not suprised there was fu ck all on this christmas TV was shocking

Agreed.Just terrible!All I watched was Harry Hill and a 37-year-old Morecombe and Wise episode.Good job there was Kung Fu Panda inthe G/Fs stocking and TDK in mine.Plus the ongoing Predator reveal.

there was fu ck all on this christmas TV was shocking

dancing on ice christmas special :huh

wait....... i did watch it, but with a pervert's eye :lol

holly.jpg

:naughty:naughty:naughty

Not only that it was the most watched program of the year.

But yes christmas TV is unbelievably bollocks and yep the only thing worth watching was Harry Hill and the I.T. Crowd on boxing day.

Not only that it was the most watched program of the year.

But yes christmas TV is unbelievably bollocks and yep the only thing worth watching was Harry Hill and the I.T. Crowd on boxing day.

i just watched DVDs that i got for crimbo, TV was not worth looking at even after crimbo its still shocking

I know, I really don't think I'd bother paying for a license and just make sure I have al the receivers removed. The BBC never target anything to my/our demographic anyway. The only show of theirs I watch is Mock the Week. Great show but I wouldn't pay £140 for 8 odd episodes.

I caught the end of it, I'm not a massive fan really I'll always listen to the theme tune if it's on though :D

seemed ok, something always seems a little cheap, the BBC's colourblind casting always seems innapropriate. They should really film on film as opposed to video to stop the lighting looking so garish.

They pulled the same thing with Neverwhere when it was on. Was all set up and lit to be recorded on film then at the last minute they changed their mind and went to the cheaper Video option so the lighting looked too garish for the setting.

I see Amazon UK has the DVD listed for a March release, so I hope we at least get a DVD release here in the US.

Really surprised this isn't getting at least a limited US release.

I personally have never even heard a peep about this movie until this thread started.

Really surprised this isn't getting at least a limited US release.

I personally have never even heard a peep about this movie until this thread started.

No kidding. You would think at least one of the networks would show it, but I guess they're not interested if it's not a reality show. :banghead

Back