VTS: Weapon Adviser 1/6 Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nature of this hobby is informed by things we liked as kids. Mego, GI Joe, Superheroes, action movies, etc.

Batman, Joker, Two-Face, Catwoman etc. exist for display purposes and I doubt anyone is "playing" with them. What does a Morgan Freeman or Michael Caine doll add to a display? Would people buy or be interested in a Premium Format Aflred or Lucius Fox statue? I have my doubts that people actually keep these niche characters in their collections for long, this seems like a fad.
It's not like you're being forced to buy them. If you don't like it whatever, but some of us like them. Plus for me this hobby isn't just about things I enjoyed as a kid. Some of it comes from that but some is just my love for certain films or in this case Batman and the characters in his universe. Alfred was just as big a part of Batman for me as Batman himself. Lucius maybe not as much, he had his part in the comics but the Nolan films are really his first big part of Batman on film or tv, but he's a pretty vital part of The Dark Knight Trilogy.

It's not like you're being forced to buy them.

I'm just commenting on what I see. Thought the same thing about Agent Coulson.

First Morgan Freeman figure, I thought nothing of it. There have been random offerings like that for years (like the random actor likeness Hot Toys would include on their true types back in the day). A second Morgan Freeman figure? Color me curious.

I just think it's amazing that some folks are actually going back and forth in excitement about a grandpa in a bow tie. Surely these iterations are the first in line to be sale fodder once the absurdity of "I have a 1/6 Lucius Freeman!" wears off.

3A abominations.

Ugh.

10454067_589852381135110_8916877631280470975_o.jpg

:lol

Foxcomp.jpg

Both figures have a pretty strong likeness.
The skin tone on the Weapon Advisor seems a bit dark but I think the overall likeness is there....and the movie specific outfit and accessories are a plus.

I don't think much of the middle sculpt there, looks off to me. Also the hair on the first sculpt looks like the surface of the moon.

Same question here. I ordered from Ekia Hobbies; they said that they think it'll be released (in Asia I assume) sometime later this month.

Back