Voltron 30th Anniversary Collectors Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gonna post this here,

my childhood consisted of Transformers (before the 1986 movie that saw so many of favorites killed off), GI Joe and Voltron.
Voltron was my favorite toys to play with, it was big, heavy and simply bad ass.

so now as i approach middle-agedom, if there is such a word, i find my self regressing to a period in my life that was simpler and care-free. The time in life where those 3 cartoons ruled my life.

I so wanted to pick up the 30th anniversary Voltron but i simply could not do it. In some pictures he looks too thin, not in proportion and in YouTube reviews it would shake like a rattle.

So one day I was on-line and came across this third-party King Of Beasts which was what my childhood and my adulthood were looking for. I bought Two.

He is heavy, built solid and proportional

View attachment 159411

View attachment 159412

View attachment 159413

View attachment 159414

View attachment 159415

View attachment 159416

View attachment 159420

View attachment 159417

View attachment 159418

View attachment 159419

That's a great post and it really hits home. Those 3 cartoons ruled my world too (along with Robotech & Spidey and Amazing Friends).

I've been looking at the 30th Anniversary for a while but also have been having a hard time committing. I'm not even too put off by the proportions. It may appear slightly skinny but it's a fair trade off to get a better proportioned Black Lion. It's those damn skinny wings that are putting me off! I'll probably end up going for it though.

I did grab Viz Media's 30th Anni NYCC exclusive book last year and it's pretty awesome.

If you could shoot me a PM with some info on yours, I'd love to hear. Great little piece you have there!

That's a great post and it really hits home. Those 3 cartoons ruled my world too (along with Robotech & Spidey and Amazing Friends).

I've been looking at the 30th Anniversary for a while but also have been having a hard time committing. I'm not even too put off by the proportions. It may appear slightly skinny but it's a fair trade off to get a better proportioned Black Lion. It's those damn skinny wings that are putting me off! I'll probably end up going for it though.

I did grab Viz Media's 30th Anni NYCC exclusive book last year and it's pretty awesome.

If you could shoot me a PM with some info on yours, I'd love to hear. Great little piece you have there!

PM sent. Robotech was also a massive part of my childhood cartoon consumption, it was more adult then any other toons at the time, if I remember correctly. Characters actually died, and by characters I mean the good guys. There is something about giant robots that takes me back, I guess that's why I truly do enjoy Pacific Rim so much. If you pick it up you won't be disappointed.

PM sent. Robotech was also a massive part of my childhood cartoon consumption, it was more adult then any other toons at the time, if I remember correctly. Characters actually died, and by characters I mean the good guys. There is something about giant robots that takes me back, I guess that's why I truly do enjoy Pacific Rim so much. If you pick it up you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the info :hi5:

I've actually been re-watching the first Macross saga recently and you do remember correctly. It was a little darker and more mature than others in that era with deaths and such.

Alejandro can you send over the info?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

I was obsessed with Voltron as a kid. Never picked up the cool figures. My buddy had a set that came out in...I want to say '84-'85. It was huge. I was jealous.

yea the king of beast lion set is killer but best i've seen the price for it is in the $280 + range shipped. a tad steep!

hey guys,

so ive been getting a few PMs about this third party Voltron

The following is what i know about this item. if im wrong about the background please feel free to correct me.
I do not want to intentionally give false information.

It's officially called King of Beast Infinity Gokin, Its only available in Asia, and its made by Mad Toys. At one point you could have pre-ordered this item directly from Mad Toys website, then with out warning their home site was shut-down.

The word on some forums is that World Events Productions (WEP), the company that owns the rights to Voltron, shut-down the Mad Toys website, since as of now the only company allowed to officially make Voltron is Toynami. Some people on forums say that after CollectionDX posted a great review on You Tube word got out and reached WEP and the sicked the legal dogs on Made Toys. This is not a fact its just NERD RUMOR. I highly recommend you check it out CollectionDX review, its a solid review.

The item is heavy and mostly die-cast, its the same height as Toymani's 30th anniversary figure. the joints are so tight that you can hold the figure horizontally by the waist and it wont loose its pose. Here is a pic, he is freaking heavy,

IMAG0545_zpsf97db2a3.jpg

I dont want to post the site that I found the item cause i dont know if im allowed to post that, im not too familiar with the rules. I DO NOT WANT TO GET BANNED.

The site i ordered it from has in-stock but i was wait listed for a month. despite the fact that the site adversities the item as in-stock. but once they did receive stock it took a week for me to receive it. with shipping from Hong Kong to my home in NYC the total cost was about $270.00. BTW i did mention that its only available in Asia but Australia has it too.

i hope this info was helpful. and once again if im wrong on the background i apologies and please go right ahead and correct me.

Last edited:
Just picked up my mad toys King of beast off eBay for $268 shipped!

Already shipped and on the way! Cheapest I could find anywhere else (if you could find them) was $282 shipped.

Back