Volkswagen Super Bowl Commercial

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Didn't expect the ending! Awesome to see Star Wars in Volkswagen commercials.
Since a month they are using the "Vader Kid" one here in the Netherlands. When my parents first saw it then they were like "Have you seen the new Volkswagen Commercial?" and I was like "New? That one is already a year old" and they were like "But this was the first time that we saw it on TV" :dunno

That why I love the internet :yess:

Nice, I enjoy the commercials giving Star Wars love, hadn't really seen any good tributes since the Justified season preview.

I still don't know how SW really ties into the dog aspect of this. It's like it's two different commercials.

I still don't know how SW really ties into the dog aspect of this. It's like it's two different commercials.

I think thats the point of the commercial is the contrasting of the two subjects and Vader getting upset by people liking the dog commercial better.

In the commercial with the kid he tries using the force on their pet dog. I'm assuming it's supposed to be the same dog.

While I enjoyed the detail spent on the Cantina part of the commercial, I agree that with those that say the concept is meh. I didn't laugh or even smile. The original one with the kid was much , much better.

However, I loved seeing the Tonnika sisters - who I thought were absolutely off limits due to one of the actresses not willing to sign her likeness away. Hasbro could tell you all about it. Perhaps a deal has been struck between Lucas and the actress.

This is the type of ____ that almost ruins my Star Wars interest these days.

While I enjoyed the detail spent on the Cantina part of the commercial, I agree that with those that say the concept is meh.

what is rather cool about that is it did show that much detail on replicating the scene.......they could have just thrown some main characters that maybe some non-sw people would recognize on a crappy set but they went the extra mile and threw in the obscure characters that only sw nerds would appreciate :) and replicated the cantina rather well. so to me whether the concept of the commercial itself is meh or unclear......i thought it was awesome....:banana

<-----sw nerd

what is rather cool about that is it did show that much detail on replicating the scene.......they could have just thrown some main characters that maybe some non-sw people would recognize on a crappy set but they went the extra mile and threw in the obscure characters that only sw nerds would appreciate :) and replicated the cantina rather well. so to me whether the concept of the commercial itself is meh or unclear......i thought it was awesome....:banana

<-----sw nerd

Oh, you're right. The cantina part of the commercial was great. I just wish the whole commercial had been that.

Whoa! Burn! You got me there hardy har :slap

Techno-Viking.jpg

Yes, I LOVED how well they replicated the cantina and aliens; no easy feat! Here's some BTS goodness:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyHzFif3k98&list=FLU3GxjGixjqqabfch5jQUkA&index=1&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

I thought the dog part was funnier than the Cantina part. But either way it was cool seeing them remake the cantina and aliens.

2cdz5h5.jpg
[/IMG]

Back