Vintage Universal Horror Autograph Question: Please help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is quickly going to turn into a who's got what and lets see it thread....:peace

Okay, I'll play! Excuse the sloppy pics... I just took em real quick.

Lon Chaney Jr. on an original Universal 8X10, with photographer credits stamped on the back (very light):

PA182333.jpg

PA182334.jpg

PA182335.jpg

Boris Karloff cut signature:

PA182341.jpg

Elsa Lanchester postcard signature:

PA182340.jpg

Elsa Lanchester hand written letter to Rutgers, signed as Elsa Laughton (it's a little old and worn, but still very rare!):

PA182338.jpg

PA182339.jpg

Below: not Universal Horror, but just as fun!

Stanley Kubrick (ridiculously rare!!!!!!!!):

PA182336.jpg

Just signed in person two nights ago, Malcolm McDowell:

PA182337.jpg

There's much, much more where these came from!

The Chaney Sr. one is great! Where did you get it from?

That came from a UACC dealer named Clark something about 10 years ago. It was $900 then. I paid in 3 monthly payments, and he worked with me. You might be able to find one (that's the hard part...finding one) for a little cheaper nowadays since everybody's so hard up for cash. I would have to dig out the letter with all the info on it, he does all his signatures up in elaborate 3d style displays. Mine was in such a display, but I wanted it to match my other 3 of the big four so I had it re-matted. I kept asking all the collectors (which is the way to go sometimes) who I could get a genuine real deal from. His name popped up as a good source from several of them. he was a really good dealer, but his webpage is out of date these past 6 years.

The signature itself is on an introduction card (like something that would've been sent over with a nice bottle of wine or something like that back in the day) It has a man and a woman dancing at the top of it and says "social". Then the signature about midway down the card. Looks better with the Phantom pic and in my collection nearly 100 years later though.

Like you, I have lots more autos, etc. i just have to picture and dig. No small task.:horror

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, Phibes!

Now is a really good time to pick up autographs. I'm pretty much waiting for a surefire authentic Chaney Sr. Sig to nab.

Thanks for the info, Phibes!

Now is a really good time to pick up autographs. I'm pretty much waiting for a surefire authentic Chaney Sr. Sig to nab.

Please feel free to pm me with anyone you know dealing in authentic Hammer Horror autographs. I have a few Cushing and Lees, but I am still looking for that "final word" Lee Dracula signed.:lol

Hey,

I will certainly keep you posted if I come accross some cool Hammer stuff.

I will snap some more pics of interest soon. As for Uni Horror, I already posted all the big stuff I have. Here are some cool comics I have; do Marvel Zombies count as horror?

Arthur Suydam sketches:

P5310081.jpg

P5310090.jpg

P5310100.jpg

Grant Morrison:

P5310082.jpg

Other sketches I own are a John Romita Sr. Peter Parker/Spidey, a Bob Kane colored Batman headsketch, and Herb Trimpe Hulk and Wolverine head sketches.

I'll get back to the autos soon! I have some more Laemmle and Vampira pics at least! I also have a bunch of modern horror autos and "regular" celeb autos.

Oh man, I wish I had some time to post my autos but they're all in storage until I can get into the new house a frame them... :(

Great collections guys... Anton, didn't you have a Price auto up for sale at one time?

RR was just selling a lot of 5 Price autos at once. I was gonna hop on it, but I decided against it at the end.

RR was just selling a lot of 5 Price autos at once. I was gonna hop on it, but I decided against it at the end.

Why? Too much$$? You cannot go wrong with R&R for authenticity. BTW, there is a Chaney Sr. on Ebay right now (it looks real, but without authentication, its a risk). He states its been in his family for generations. Also a Colin Clive up. Clive interests me, but its a little too rich for me right now. If ebay wasn't so notorious for allowing frauds and forgeries to be sold, these probably would have been snatched up by now.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Lon-Chaney-Aut...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item23036c2be2

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310170804976&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Yeah...I sold it It will be the last one I sell tho. I am actually under 10 signed Price pieces now.:horror

:( I'm sorry I missed it. I was really tempted at the time but couldn't afford it... Well if you're ever again, LMK...

Why? Too much$$? You cannot go wrong with R&R for authenticity. BTW, there is a Chaney Sr. on Ebay right now (it looks real, but without authentication, its a risk). He states its been in his family for generations. Also a Colin Clive up. Clive interests me, but its a little too rich for me right now. If ebay wasn't so notorious for allowing frauds and forgeries to be sold, these probably would have been snatched up by now.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Lon-Chaney-Aut...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item23036c2be2

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310170804976&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The price photos actually went for very low. I skipped out because I just went to the rock and shock and spent a ton of cash on autos there!

I've been eyeing that Chaney, but I emailed the seller right when it went up asking more direct questions and he hasn't emailed me back. Too risky. I'd rather pay more and be more comfortable about authenticity/provenance/etc.

I would kill for a Clive auto!

Back