Viggo Mortensen Eastern Promises Custom Commission

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinroh75

Super Freak
Reaction score
Viggo Mortensen Eastern Promises Custom Commission (Pics Added!)

hey everyone, just a repost i did from the triad toys forum, but anyone interested in a custom commissioned viggo from eastern promises?

repost. . .

hey guys,

i've been putting together this custom commission project for a few months now. i have a really awesome sculptor doing the viggo sculpt. i cant say who because he requested to remain anonymous due to contract work, but i can say he is well known in the sculpting world.

eastern promises is one of my favorite cronenberg films. a history of violence and dead zone trailing close behind of course. :) this is my first venture into commissioning a full figure so dont yell at me if i dont know etiquettes and how things should go. but reading up on the various forums and having purchased a few commissons myself i hope things go well.

this is a full custom commissioned figure project. he'll be fully clothed and painted and not just a custom head. you guys dont want to know how much i've spent on this. :lol: i just received word that the final painted sculpt is finished and i should be getting some photos in the next few days. i'll post an update as soon as i get it.

the final price will largely depend on how many people commit, but i plan to go a maximum of 30 figures only. so he'll probably end up around $200-250. i wont know the final price until everyone commits because the head casting and painting fees will be finalzied after all the numbers are in.

so anyone want a custom viggo from eastern promises?

09/12 UPDATE - finally got the pics! woohoo he looks friggin awesome! thanks for painting him up customdawg!

ok let's see if this flickr picture hosting works.

2852562000_2f8e1382b2_o.jpg

2851724753_da6bf01a17_o.jpg

2852561992_e619908a36_o.jpg

2852561978_80a8000a37_o.jpg

ok we got pics now. so if you want to commit, send me a pm and i'll get a list together. they should take about a month to complete from what i've been told but that will depend how many people sign on. ooh i cant til i get mine in. he looks sweet! love those tattoos. :D

Last edited:
i hear ya. i've started this commission almost 5 months and counting and just received an email from the painter that he'll have pics soon so i'm super excited right now. :p

so it would have to be a full figure with clothes? i'd maybe be into just the head if your offering that...

love that film tho! if u ever wanted to comission a dead ringers/jeremy irons set (would only have to pay for one headsculpt) i would be onboard straightaway!

yeah it's only a full figure with clothes. i initially only commissioned just the head. and i cant paint for diddly so i commissioned another guy to do the paint, then figured i need to do clothing, etc. so in the end i ended up paying quite a bit, but i think it's well worth it.

i dont want to offer heads only because i want to take a cue from the korean sculptors and do full figures. i think it's harder for scalpers to recast if it's a full figure. just my honest opinion. besides i personally prefer a full figure. i should be getting pics this weekend

I think it's gotta be a pass for me. The instant I saw the pics I knew that customdawg had to have had painted it. The background and everything is just his style :lol. Figure looks great, although IMO the headsculpt is missing something. I can't really put my finger on it but it may be that he isn't as 'wrinkly' enough. Either way, definitely a cool piece to have in a collection! :rock

yeah he should look a little more crusty. lol

thing is i asked the sculptor to do him a little younger to do a younger version for aragorn initially. i also think his hair color is a bit dark but i'll see how he is when i get him next week

gruffoldbear, i dont think he has blue eyes. here's the photo i sent to customdawg for reference. looks like he painted too much eyebrows on viggo. lol

DF-06838R.jpg

jinroh75 I love that figure. CustomDawg is my favorite customizer. If I had the money I would commit to one though at the moment I don't :( Way to know what you want and to have gone after it. Beautiful figure!

Back