Video Conversion Itunes/Samsung help needed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Over the weekend I decided to get a Samsung Note 8.0 tablet.
Aside from the cool art/stylus applications, the appeal to me was having a device to watch movies on when I travel. With my ipad, I'm lucky to be able to load 2-3 movies in itunes then the ipad is full.

I liked the idea of buying a couple of 64 gig micro SD cards and loading them up.

When I was shopping for this tablet I spoke to a guy in the store who also owned a Note 8.0 and he was showing me the quality of videos on his and they looked amazing. He said he had some software that could rip his blu ray movies down to 720p and then he loaded them on his SD card and onto the tablet. At the time I didn't think to write anything down he was saying.

After buying the tablet, I first tried some trial versions of software that strip the DRM off of itunes movies and convert them so you can watch them on Samsung Devices. I have about 20 itunes purchased movies so I tried about 4 different pieces of software on one of my movies, and the result each time looked like crap.

Since I have a nice size blu ray collection, I started trying to research how I could convert my movies like the guy was showing me, and since I'm not super tech savvy I'm hitting a wall. Both my home and work computers are Macs, and my wife's computer is a mac. Those all have just DVD players. I do have one PC at home, but it also just has a DVD/CD player.

Since everything Im finding on the web is not giving me any good results, I thought I would check with the community here, hoping one of you are more tech savvy than me.

Could anyone provide me any information about what I might be doing wrong, or what it is I need to buy to make this happen?

I'm assuming that I could just buy an external Blu Ray Drive that would work on a mac, and then buy ripping software, but I have no clue what brands to even consider buying.

Any info would be appreciated.

Do you have any movies that have digital copies in them through ultraviolet or vudu? You should be able to down load those onto your tablet.

You just need blu ray ripping software. There are lots out there.

Do you know of a specific software that is legit and works for mac? If so can you provide me with a name?
Also I assume that just because I have the software doesn't mean my mac can read blu rays, I will still need to buy an external Blu Ray player compatible with mac, correct?

Back