very good tutorial on how to tighten trooper body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh i screwed myself big time. FP.com said they will let me know if i will get any of the 3 i ordered by the end of the week. In the meantime i brought 2 via dangerzone but they cost more.

Oh mate :banghead Sorry if I encouraged you to screw up! I do enough of that myself!:blissysmi

Thanks for the translation - it's quite a bit of work (specially for C-Bob as he has 376 Stormtroopers at present and 892 Sandtroopers on order!) But I think this might be worth it in the long run, let you know how it goes if I do mine.

Hey C-Bob, my first Sandie is arriving tomorrow by Parcelforce! got a tracking no. and everything! How bout you?

that's a joke, right?

Na i have a mind of my own its not your fault :lol Well at least i know FP are bloody useless when it comes to their in stock on their site, but they do have good customer service, are cheaper and they post everything in the original SS shipping box. I will keep the 2 orange pauldrons i pre-ordered with them though and in future i will pre-order very early with them. Anyway dont worry i will get my sandies in the end even if it costs a bit more. Im thinking of getting 4 or 5 and just making the black pauldron ones myself so i dont have to wait for the buggers.

step14: Open both the bicep and forearm. The factory didn't apply too much glue so its not that difficult to separate them.

14.jpg

step15: Finally you get to the joint. Now, all you have to do is use a screw driver to tighten the screw. But be careful, too much force will crack the joint.

15.jpg

step16: do the same with the legs.

16.jpg

step17: same process as the elbow joint.

17.jpg

Hmm. I'm wondering if you need to pry open the arms and legs at all in order to get to the elbow/knee screws. Don't the arms pull out anyway? I know at least Toht the forearm came off when I was trying to pull the hand off. I didn't investigate to see if that exposed the elbow screws. But looking at the pegs on the elbow joint, it looks like you can just pull the arms/legs apart.

Hmm. I'm wondering if you need to pry open the arms and legs at all in order to get to the elbow/knee screws. Don't the arms pull out anyway? I know at least Toht the forearm came off when I was trying to pull the hand off. I didn't investigate to see if that exposed the elbow screws. But looking at the pegs on the elbow joint, it looks like you can just pull the arms/legs apart.

I dont know, but since the armor body and the pro are different, perhaps SSC need to glue them together to make them more durable.

Still probably the safest bet is to pull them apart. If you bust a peg or bend it, you're up ****'s creek.

Well, looks like prying them apart gives you access to where the shoulder and bicep connect and swivel. So that is definitely helpful and necessary. It's good to get this thorough a look at the inner workings.

I had a go at the how to tighten trooper body tutorial. The parts came apart easily enough and overall its about as good as what i do using surgical tape tbh. I do have a few stormies that are very very loose so im gonna do it on them. Oh it took me about an hour to do the 1st 1 as i was making sure i was doing it right.

Was going to try the tape trick on my Snake Eyes, the right thigh just keeps spining. Can get all the other joints to just pull free but not that one. Any advice?

Was going to try the tape trick on my Snake Eyes, the right thigh just keeps spining. Can get all the other joints to just pull free but not that one. Any advice?

Some people use elastic bands in joints to tighten them up. If its spinning and u cant get it out try hot water and then gently pull it out, but make sure u pull it straight or you'll break it. Tbh i would just shove some tape round it.

Back