Velociraptor VS Protoceratops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's in the story, he pretty much surprised her, bowled her over, and grabbing the arm so she couldn't escape plowed her into the base of the dune..which collapsed on them both.

I really wish the Raptor was getting in some kind of death blow like mentioned in the story though....isn't that how the fight was portrayed in Dinosaur Planet Scar ? I need to watch that again... ;)

Robomorph, lightening that pic did really help...the Proto really is owning the Raptor here...those few slashes would heal on him..if he lived long enough. The story made it seem the fight was in the Raptor's favor as she was waiting for him to bleed to death.

The Rex VS Trike was a case was neither would win...the Deino VS Para was a clear win, the Allo VS Camara was a win but it cost..this one would be unsure if we didn't know what happened.. I guess they are varying it up enough anyway eh ? :D

Sorry, I forgot to read the backstory. It makes sense now. But that Velociraptor sounds dumb and clumsy...

I know what you mean..the story line makes her sound pretty under advantaged and then she manages a death blow of some sort...or maybe she just thought she did...perhaps she was actually unintelligent enough to think some face scratches would casue the proto to bleed to bleed to death and her arm would just " heal " with no little concern for it. Maybe the pack is better off she's gone.. :D

This is an awesome piece! Used my coupon just fine! This is the best yet! Now Bring on the Spino! :chew:chew:chew:chew :banana

Prob going to be May before we see that one.. ;)

I'm not too impressed with this piece, 1st the pose it's kind of weird 2nd I would of liked the raptor to have a more dominant posture in this dio, I know that it's supposed to be based off the fossil but I care less. Also like it was mentioned early I think it will be problematic for display, hopefully not. My conclusion I am not pleased, never the less this will be part of my collection, it might be like T-rex, when I got it in my hands my thoughts changed.

Oh I totally missed the connection that this is based off the fossil. That certainly makes me want it more...

Yep.

dino_veloprotofighting_gaston.jpg

velo_proto.jpg

This piece isn't an exact fleshed out version of the fossil..but it's close.

This has probably already been answered....but how did they find a fossil of these two locked in that position? They would both have to die instantly. What could have caused that?

Scar I know your the man on this subject...

Chris

I simply cannot bring myself to own anything that suggests a Velociraptor could get pwnd by anything other than a T-Rex. :monkey1

This has probably already been answered....but how did they find a fossil of these two locked in that position? They would both have to die instantly. What could have caused that?

Scar I know your the man on this subject...

Chris

Part of what makes the fossil find so remarkable is that very fact, that both creatures appear literally locked in combat. One common theory involves the sudden collapse of a massive sand dune, as alluded to in the backstory.

It's important to also keep in mind that these statues are based on the real animals, not the monsters seen in Jurassic Park. Velociraptor, for example, was considerably smaller than an adult human. Like any living creature, it needed to struggle against all manner of threats in order to survive; one might argue that a real Tyrannosaur would be too slow to pose a serious threat to a typical Velociraptor.

I think Sideshow took horrible pictures of this piece. Waaaay too dark. It does look like it'd be kinda tough to display dynamically as well. Also, being a scale freak, I'd have a hard time putting this next to my rex vs. triceratops, but that's just my OCD.

All that said though. Wow this piece looks great (from what I can see under those dark pictures). That is a perfect raptor, and I love the proto too. The arms/wings of the raptor are just classy all the way.

Being the proud owner of every Dinosauria product to date I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in this dio. Sure, it may be an accurate representation [or at least accurate in the sense of the positioning of the two dinosaurs] of the two dino's engaged in battle, but it's not a composition I find appealling at all. And let's just say the feathered raptor isn't exactly working for me......:(

I agree that I don't care for the positions of the dinos, but since its based on that fossil it overcomes that for me. What makes this dio cool is that it actually happened.

If I didn't know that was a velociraptor I would never guess. I can here everyone asking now what kind of dinosaur that is and getting funny looks when I say its a velociraptor. I'm going to have to record Scar giving a lecture on why its more accurate as depicted now and play it for people. :lol

It's hard to undo years of conditioning to featherless 6-foot raptors.

It's hard to undo years of conditioning to featherless 6-foot raptors.

Sorry, but supposedly finding quill knobs on a single forearm of one raptor hardly qualifies as scientific fact that raptors were feathered. No scientists worth their salt would ever conclude that one single piece of evidence is enough to turn theory into fact, yet that is exactly what seems to have happened here. Not a single other raptor fossil ever found, [including the one on which this dio. was based] contain these quill knobs [if that is indeed what they are] and until the scientific community can up with alot more than a forearm to back their "facts", I'll stick to my belief that raptors were 3 feet tall, and unfeathered. :D

Sorry, but supposedly finding quill knobs on a single forearm of one raptor hardly qualifies as scientific fact that raptors were feathered. No scientists worth their salt would ever conclude that one single piece of evidence is enough to turn theory into fact, yet that is exactly what seems to have happened here. Not a single other raptor fossil ever found, [including the one on which this dio. was based] contain these quill knobs [if that is indeed what they are] and until the scientific community can up with alot more than a forearm to back their "facts", I'll stick to my belief that raptors were 3 feet tall, and unfeathered. :D

Please tell me you are joking. :lol

Back