Vartal Customs Compilation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vartal

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, after creating some threads showing some of my works, I'm starting one where I will be showing all my new and past customs.

So let's start with some Jonny Quest heads that I sculpted some months ago. They are Jonny Quest, Hadji, Dr. Quest and "Race" Bannon.

Sorry for the poor pictures but these are the only ones that I have here right now. :duh

f4d1fe09a7d9de7b84761990fd0c4282.jpg

e49d5dcc614af79029508485bfeaac9a.jpg

7785b6a4247bf5f97cc829a3a442410c.jpg

5df462fcf2d0d797c91462ce4ee8ee31.jpg

2cd5e19f2fde6431f65c5e10657071d0.jpg

Let's follow with some mego heads in 1/9 scale.

These are the guys:

- Wildfire
- Boxie (Battlestar Gallactica)
- Hawk (Buck Rogers)
- Tharok

49e9c879da.jpg

9c67e52f11.jpg

1788e56708.jpg

a0c909e8ab.jpg

I've been quite busy these days :monkey5 and keep on being...

308bd19b27.jpg

Edward Van Sloan

2ac40f0940.jpg

Deff Leppard singer (bald)

75230ea86c.jpg

Amanda Tapping

5d102bdf94.jpg

Boris Karloff in the Tower of London

0a388a6794.jpg

Back to work :duh

Hi thanks for sharing, can you please tell us what the process is you use for these, Programs, materials etc

Now that I have some free time I'm going to try to answer although it won't be easy to explain in a few words what I've been researching for 3 years and 9 of experience but I can say that I use a lot of programs, 8 or so for every head. This is not to pick a photo and move some vertex, you wouldn't get anything doing that taking in count that any decent model can have a million of them, it's like sculpting but with a mouse, Zbrush, Mudbox...

There are also many inconvenients and limited resources, it actually takes ages to do calculations and even when I've optimized my technique to use the minimum possible resources. And more, models can't have any inverted normals, holes, bad edges, etc.

I wish it would be as easy as to press a button and "print" a head. :banghead

Very interesting work Vartal! Need some Jonny Quest stuff!

Les, for you I have my shop 24hrs open :rotfl

Lot of time without updating this :duh

Adam West Batman & Batgirl, ears are separated parts.

batman&batgirl.jpg

Bat1.jpg

Colonel Dietrich from Indiana Jones

Dietrich1.jpg

Dietrich2.jpg

Fantastic work......those sculpts are really coming along....i love the fact you are doing more obscure characters.

Have you ever thought of doing bodie and doyle from the professionals, or maybe jon and ponch from chips, or how about kolchak the night stalker, i would buy those up in a second if they were made available.

Thanks alibi :banana, I really don't like to sculpt these obscure characters because many times it's very hard to find good reference material. But this is what people asks for :huh

About those characters I don't have a clue of who they are :duh

I could use a good Rick O'connell from the Mummy movies.

So many heads to sculpt and sooooo few time :lol

The Link sculpt is parked right now :dunno

Back