Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My internet is back. thank you so very much JV for the Canvas Giclee gallery wraps

Has anyone in europe bought directly from Jerry before? Do you get custom charged? Never bought artwork so not sure if it gets through customs or not

I have ordered from Jerry some days ago (Austria), I can tell you more when I get the item.

The price value (incl. shipping) is below € 150 so I guess I have to pay 2-5% customs and no special import VAT.

I've just ordered two prints heading to the UK. So I'll let you know. I imagine so to be honest. I had to on prints from Weta in NZ plus a parcelforce handling fee

Crossing my fingers for you. I ordered 3 art prints from weta new zealand I hadn't to pay customs either.

Crossing my fingers for you. I ordered 3 art prints from weta new zealand I hadn't to pay customs either.

Thanks buddy! The thing is, customs can be totally unpredictable. I also ordered a couple of Weta prints from New Zealand. One I had to pick up in customs office personally and pay fully for it, another I could at least pick up (and pay) at a local post office which cleared it for me and another was delivered directly to me without any problem. Customs are quite a gamble really, and generally just a pain in the a**.

Thanks buddy! The thing is, customs can be totally unpredictable. I also ordered a couple of Weta prints from New Zealand. One I had to pick up in customs office personally and pay fully for it, another I could at least pick up (and pay) at a local post office which cleared it for me and another was delivered directly to me without any problem. Customs are quite a gamble really, and generally just a pain in the a**.

That's absolutely true. I never understood the criteria for holding something in customs. Fortunately, the customs in Greece don't bother holding cheap items like the prints. My experience until now is that they hold items over 500$. Now, if something comes with Fedex it is a completely different story, a nightmare! They hold everything and the clearance is much more expensive.

I've just received my Fellowship & Two Towers prints. They are even better in person..stunning. Thanks Jerry
I've just been told by the parcelforce driver the custom charges are totally random. That so many will be selected to be charged & the rest are delivered with out fees. I always seem to get caught : (

I've just received my Fellowship & Two Towers prints. They are even better in person..stunning. Thanks Jerry
I've just been told by the parcelforce driver the custom charges are totally random. That so many will be selected to be charged & the rest are delivered with out fees. I always seem to get caught : (

Glad your prints came in to your satisfaction as well as ducking the import fees : )
Don't forget folks, that ALL my LOTR Hobbit and Star Wars art can be purchased directly from me in my store : https://store.vandersteltstudio.com/

JV

Received the monochromatic Aragorn print for my birthday recently, looks great in person, so moody. Now I just need to get him framed to put him up with Gandalf (this may be while, but I'll post here when it happens).

Hopefully Jerry will create more in this line, I think it's my favourite so far. I'd really like to see some version of Eowyn or Galadriel done in this style one day.

Glad your prints came in to your satisfaction as well as ducking the import fees : )
Don't forget folks, that ALL my LOTR Hobbit and Star Wars art can be purchased directly from me in my store : https://store.vandersteltstudio.com/

JV

Unfortunately I did get stung by import fees. But the prints are well worth it : )
Next to get is ROTK then into the Hobbit range.
I'll post some photos once I've framed them up

For any Balrog fans, I am getting closer everyday to a finish for "Durin's Bane". Right now, its rusty chains, battle debris, skeletons, tools, etc. all buried beneath dust, ash and spider webs. After that it's off to the center of the entire piece, the Balrog.

This will be available as a Fine Art print ( hopefully ) early to mid December!

For any Balrog fans, I am getting closer everyday to a finish for "Durin's Bane". Right now, its rusty chains, battle debris, skeletons, tools, etc. all buried beneath dust, ash and spider webs. After that it's off to the center of the entire piece, the Balrog.

This will be available as a Fine Art print ( hopefully ) early to mid December!

:panic::panic::panic::panic::hi5:

Back