Valued at $250.00--- thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The suit and helmet itself are nice but I don't see Portman in the face and wouldn't pay that much for this particular custom.

I agree that the suit and helmet are a nice piece of work--- but for $250 I'd expect a more on the ball likeness for a Natalie Portman. Oh well, I have no intention of bidding. Just putting the thought out there to see if the customizing/e-bay sellers have gone mucho loco :D .

My thoughts?
I wouldn't pay $2.50 for it,let alone $250 :lol
There are many great SW customs around but this ain't one of 'em.

The seller probably made a mistake with the price. He probably meant it to be 2.5 cents BIN :lol

It's a nice effort for sure, but to charge that much when the sculpt doesn't look like portman and the colors of the outfit don't match the film, I dont know who the seller thinks would spend that much, but good luck to them.

Buttmunch said:
It looks more like the decoy than Padme. I'm sure its just a Hasbro head. The outfit is nice though.

i was thinking the same thing. Anyway that fig is defenetly not worth what that dudes asking for. 250 dollars shhhesh someone is a little too sure of himself.:rolleyes:

Customs can get into this price range easily, but I think that's just a Hasbro head or a generic doll head, not an original sculpt of Portman. The costume does look nice though and the meanness and dispargement in this thread is uncalled for.

the custom clothing is nice enough.... but I guess when you make something that's "one of a kind" and slap star wars on it people will pay big money for it.

But it a figure with a likeness that bad can go for that much..... what the hell am I doing spending so much time sculpting and painting :lol

As others have mentioned, the outfit is pretty good...especially that belt n' buckle. It looks well-made and the helmet is especially good.

Makes me think this version of Padme could be a good one for Sideshow to tackle....a similar situation to Leia/Boussh...alternate heads, body fully covered with outfit, outfit requiring some great detailing...

This guy's effort is decent enough...as for the price, well...it is a custom and hey, it's only worth what you're willing to pay for it!

Now if the sculpt looked like this---

then I could see it be worth $250...

Any word on when Snowbunny Padme will be coming down the slopes?:monkey3

Back