Value of older statues.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always go with the rule of break even. anything beyond that is a win. you never know, though, what might do well and what might have no interest. I've sold some things that I ended up getting double or more than what I paid, while other things just fall on the interest level and don't sell at all.

With few years of collecting I went ahead had sell my first piece in 2007 C3 Falcon to get MR Falcon, got about double, then the one figure I had, was awesome that I did got double. Up to 2015 that worked great when I buy new piece sell off one other or two get what I paid or up to double. Then shipping just went up 3 to 4 X, the people just wanted to offer you 1/2 to what you paid up to what you paid. On some piece I can make some money but on most you don't

SSC started this with
Bats PF
WW PF
Supes PF
making huge ES 9500 for
Bats

Then
CC
IA
IS
XM
P1
got into the game

Shipping gone up so much

Shipped my Glad Hulk PF coast to coast at 50lbs in 2015 and that was $100.00

Now 35lbs IS 1/4 Spidey was $250.00 coast to coast

Rise in statues I paid $210.00 shipped in 2007 for Darth Maul PF, now new DM PF is $550.00

collectors don't have as much money anymore

Last edited:
With few years of collecting I went ahead had sell my first piece in 2007 C3 Falcon to get MR Falcon, got about double, then the one figure I bought, was awesome that I did got double. Up to 2015 that worked great when I buy new piece sell off one other or two get what I paid or up to double. Then shipping just went up 3 to 4 X, the people just wanted to offer you 1/2 to what you paid up to what you paid. On some piece I can make some money but not most you don't

SSC started with
Bats PF
W
PF
Supes
making huge ES 9500 for
Bats

Then XM
CC
IA
IS
XM
got into the game

Shipping gone up so much

Shipped my Glad Hulk PF coast to coast at 50lbs in 2015 and that was $100.00

Now 35lbs IS 1/4 Spidey was $250.00 coast to coast

Rise in states. I paid $210.00 shipped in 2007 for Darth Maul PF, now new is $550.00

oh yeah, SHIPPING is killing it these days. People want all inclusive pricing. Since shipping companies quote based on dimension / volume and weight, some of the things I've sold really cut into what money I did make.

I think another factor is the number of options in the market today. Due to the rising prices of statues and tons of options to choose from, some collectors might be pickier because they are trying to avoid buyer's remorse. They also have a limited budget as you pointed out.

Mark my words, at some point you'll start seeing this **** on the Roadshow. :lol

It'd be funny if it were the Vision PF, Ex. ONLY and everything else is absolutely worthless.

Back