USPS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Aykroyd

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Has anyone ever had USPS not deliver a package but the tracking info says it WAS delivered?

Im on the receiving end of this one (ebay purchase) and Im a little worried Im going to get screwed. :monkey2

Aykroyd

Last edited:
vasoline.jpg

The Earl of Dunfield said:
Hey Guys,

Has anyone ever had USPS not deliver a package but the tracking info says it WAS delivered?

Im on the receiving end of this one (ebay purchase) and Im a little worried Im going to get screwed. :monkey2

Dunfield

Never has happenend to me...I would call them if you can and find out what is going on. Hopefully they did not deliver it....my only worry would be that they left outside your door or mailbox and someone snagged it...

I had that happen to me once and they had delivered it to the wrong house. The main problem is you have no recourse because the system says that it has been delivered. Sorry. Maybe a good neighbor will bring it to you.

Hey Guys,

Dunfield

Not a good thing. I have had a UPS package marked delivered and didn't receive it. An employee signed for it, set it on the counter, and the UPS guy picked it back up and left. Tracked him down about an hour later and he swore it was a mistake. Hmmmm. Don't think I'll be using UPS anytime soon if I can help it.

I did have a USPS Priority letter to a US Post Office PO Box get lost. I was on the sending end and it was a product payment in MO form. The delivery confirmation said it was delivered, but the guy said he didn't get it. I forwarded him the MO receipt so he could file a claim with the MO company, and never heard back from him. I assume he did receive it.

If you have alot of items shipped to you, you may consider getting a personal mailbox service that will be there to receive your package. Well worth around $100 a year. Good luck.

Hey Guys,

Dunfield
Yes, this happened to me a little over a year ago. I ordered the "Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels" book from Amazon. I tracked the USPS and it said it was "Delivered", but I never received. I filed an investigation at the local Post Office, which was ultimately no help. They came up with same results: "the carrier says that it was delivered on x date." So then I went back to Amazon, who was gracious enough to ship out a replacement.

As it turns out, it was delivered... to the wrong house 2 doors down. And the neighbors eventually figured out who I was and brought the package over. Ironically, I ended up with an extra (free) copy of the $150 book for my troubles.

Unfortunately, you are at the mercy of the shipper or whoever actually received delivery... unless your mail carrier can figure it out for you. Either way, you need to go to your post office and report it.

Good luck!

I've always received my USPS stuff, never a problem. I also use them to ship all my ebay stuff away. Hope it works out for ya!

There have also been some problems where two packages have gotten the same confirmation number, I think that happened to someone here recently, it said shipped and it was referring to a different package, then their package came later.

I have all my figures shipped with USPS and never had a problem. Sorry to read yours!

SO - it turns out it WAS shipped to a different place!
What a crazy time. It was literally a twenty minute walk away.

:chew

Back