Uruk-Hai Berserker Broken!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Degeneration-X

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I dont often inspect my statues but I know for the fact that im the only one that goes into my room or has access to my cabinets that hold them.

One of my personal grails is my Uruk-Hai Berserker premium format Exclusive statue. Sideshow even had to send me 3 swords in order to get one without any chips when I inserted the handle into the Berserkers hand.

Low and behold 2 days ago I notice that the tip of the sword is bent towards the feet instead of pointing outwards. It soon dawned on me that the sword had become bent at the attachment to the handle. I am so angry that this has happened as I did nothing to cause it. It appears fruitless in contacting Sideshow as the statue must be about 3 yrs old anyway!! - I wonder whether the weight of the sword has caused it to bend at the handle over time, in which case any of you that own this statue BEWARE!!

I rarely post on here and have never posted pictures before so hope this works (apologies for the rubbish photo quality)

2012-11-02210543.jpg

2012-11-02210629.jpg

2012-11-02210825.jpg

2012-11-02210857.jpg

get some 2 part epoxy glue, put a few drops there, then hold it for 5 mins. It's as good as new and will never break at that point again.

It's kind of hard to see in the photos but the handle looks like it is straight and the blade is still straight so is it just coming loose from the handle and maybe you can bend it and super glue it in?

I know it's not the same thing but my berserker sword was warped and I was able to shape it so maybe it's possible. Maybe take it to a blacksmith? :) Anyway sorry to hear about your issues; now I'm going to be glancing over at that sword more often.

thanks for the advice - im just peeved it happened in the first place - when I paid for the statue I expected the sword to last more than just a few years. I just hope it doesnt happen to anyone else. Do you really think it will hold in place with just superglue?? - the sword is very heavy (as you probably know)

thanks for the advice - im just peeved it happened in the first place - when I paid for the statue I expected the sword to last more than just a few years. I just hope it doesnt happen to anyone else. Do you really think it will hold in place with just superglue?? - the sword is very heavy (as you probably know)

both are fine if you don't apply force, but superglue is a lot weaker than 2 part epoxy. I can snap the superglued parts apart easily with force but not 2part epoxy, those are perm bond.

Wierd, I just checked mine and it's fine. Haven't touched it in a long time either.

Does the sword sit in a way on the statue that there's any pressure at all on it? From the looks of it in the pic of it in the cabinet, it looks to be sitting against the statue.

Does the sword sit in a way on the statue that there's any pressure at all on it? From the looks of it in the pic of it in the cabinet, it looks to be sitting against the statue.

I was so careful when I placed the statue in the cabinet so that a gap was present between the sword and the side of the glass cabinet. You're right, when I first saw the bend I assumed something must have pressed against the sword to have bent it like that but there is no way that could have happened. The last time I inspected my statues was probably a good few months back and his sword was fine then.

If I had broken the sword myself I would have freely admit it. I've done it to enough statues in the past (depressingly :slap) - for example I snapped my PF Vaders lightsaber when I was moving my statue once - such fun!!

Back