Urgent help with broken & stuck hand peg!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liang7079

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi just got the RE 4 Krasuer and while I was popping the knife in his right hand the peg joint just snapped!!! I managed to get the ball end out of the hand but the other end is stuck in the arm...

Now could someone please tell me step by step how to:

- Place the hand peg into the hand, as I tried for 1 1/2 hrs and used hot water and hair dryer and the ball still wouldn't go in completely (it would just fall out), I am using a spare Chris Redfield hand peg which I understand should work in any HTs models?

- How to get the stuck part out of the arm and attach the hand peg end back into it (see photo)...

I managed to swap the head with another really nice sculpt, I will be happy to post it once I get it "back to health" with a proper working right hand.

Thanks for your help guys

hi guys would using a pair of thin pointed pliers work on pulling it out? I tried using a tweezer but it didn't seen to have enough grip to pull it out.

What I really need advise/help with is how to stick the new wrist peg into the glove hand and the arm, as said I tried using hair drier and hot water it just wouldn't go in the hand completely. How long/hot do you have to heat the hand/peg to easily pop it in and same thing with the arm?

Please guys I am totally new at this and new every bit of help you could give me, no one ever told me the wrist pegs could break that easily yet so difficult to replace. :wail

best way i know to get the broken peg out of the wrist is to get a pin vise (Google that). it's a tiny lil hand operated drill and bit. some bits are about the diameter of a hair. anyway, take the drill and drill out a small hole in the middle of the broken prg. then get a small screw, a bit thicker than the hole you just drilled. screw that into your hole and use the screw as a handle to pull the peg out.

as for getting the new peg into the hand...boil some water and when it's at a fast roiling boil, pour some in a mug. immediately drop the hand in. just the hand, not the peg. let hand sit for a minute or 2. take out and push the peg in while wiggling and turning it. hope this helps!!

Hi just successfully got the stuck pin out with a pair of needle nose pliers (yes I am actually doing this at the same time), now just need to fit the wrist peg into the hand and arm, now do I do the same with the arm - put it in hot water for a minute or 2 then wiggle and push the pin in?

I forgot to ask a very important question - how deep should the ball go into the glove hand? I popped it in somewhat but could still put it out without effort, should the ball completely go into the hand?

Lastly... Does anyone know what version of hand peg Krauser uses as I am using the BSAA Chris Redfield which might be why it's not going in? ( I noticed the hole inside Kraser's hand being bigger than Chris', different versions I suppose?)

Yeah, it's a different size peg. it's BEST to just use the peg that comes with the body.

which is why ebay parting out of bodys from wrist and ankle pegs is retarded.

Curiosity, why did you go with the BSAA chris body, over the new Truetype muscle body?

Back