UPS My Choice- Bad Experience

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike86

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So I posted about this in the thread for the figure I'm having an issue with receiving but thought I'd see if anyone else has had better or worse experiences. Basically I ordered the recent Hot Toys Black Widow figure from Sideshow and I had heard about UPS' My Choice option and decided I'd try it out. I opted to pick up the package just because I live right by the depot and thought it'd be nice to be able to get it at my convenience. The problem is when you opt to do that they say to call to schedule a time to pick up your package. I tried finding a number to the local depot but none was listed. I also tried the main customer service line for UPS but there's not really an option for pickups or even anything with My Choice that I recall.

So then I decided to go online and changed my delivery option to pick up the package at the local UPS Store. I had some questions on that though so I called customer service and the lady I spoke to made it sound like that's not even an option (if that's the case I'm not sure why it says it is on their site). I then decided to hell with it because it was becoming more of a hassle than its worth to use the My Choice service and I changed my delivery preference once more to just have the delivery rescheduled and have them bring it to me.

So then I get an email after doing so that the package should arrive on Tuesday October 14th which was fine. Later though I get another email saying it won't be there until Wednesday the 15th. I was a little frustrated but figured whatever I'll just accept that. Well last night came and passed and it never showed up. I thought something was up because my tracking number said something about the package being in an "exception" status and there hadn't been movement on it for a while.

So then last night I emailed UPS' customer service asking them what's going on and get a reply recommending I file a claim. So I did that process and now I'm playing the waiting game. The UPS website states claims can take 7-10 days. Overall I'm pretty frustrated with the whole situation and had I known this was going to be such a hassle I would have had it delivered like normal.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar or possibly better experiences with this service. I haven't had a complaint about UPS until now but the whole situation is a big pain and frankly I'm not that impressed with their customer service (especially considering I myself work customer service in a call center).

Anyways end rant. Thanks to anyone who reads or provides feedback.

Been using My Choice for a long time and never had an issue. Always get the shipping label notification, item shipped notification, 24 hour prior to receiving it notification and finally the delivery notification - all via email. I have no desire to go pick it up at a local UPS store since they'll bring it right to my door step, but I can only imagine that since you changed your delivery option 3 to 4 times that didn't help things. Poor CS when you call is a completely different issue, though if they suggested you file a claim that was probably solid advice regarding a parcel that was never delivered. Good luck getting it sorted out.

Well the site to me doesn't make it seem very straight forward. The option to pick up from the depot is there and it says to call but there's no number listed so not sure how they expect a person to call. That's the only reason I changed my delivery preference. As far as I can tell it arrived at the depot and hasn't moved since so I really can't see how they lost it. My town isn't huge or anything and the depot isn't a gigantic building or anything.

I guess I should have just waited for it to be delivered but I thought it'd be nice to pick it up early since UPS usually arrives pretty late and I didn't necessarily want to wait around.

Tbh I haven't navigated the site since the day I signed up for the service :lol but I had a similar experience with Fed Ex here and I've never used them again. Have you thought about going to the store to see if it's there?

I haven't no. I initially had changed it to go to the UPS Store (which is separate from the actual depot) but when I called customer service to ask a question about it she made it seem like I couldn't do that. Not sure if she just wasn't familiar with the program or misunderstood me or what. So I changed it to a normal delivery within no more than a half an hour after I put in the request for it to go to the UPS Store. So I'm fairly certain it hasn't even left the depot and how they lost it is beyond me.

I see. Well, since you were planning on a pick up anyway maybe you should drop in and see if it's there? If it isn't maybe someone qualified can help you track it down.

Yeah maybe I'll swing by there tomorrow and see if I can get some assistance. Needless to say from now on I'm just letting them deliver packages as planned.:slap :lol

I use UPS My Choice and I haven't had any issues with it.
I only log on when I'm not going to be around for a delivery and use the "leave without signature" feature.
Other than that,I've had no issues with them.

Guess I just had bad luck then. Honestly it probably would have been fine if I just had it delivered to the UPS Store. If that representative hadn't made me second guess using that this probably would have gone more smoothly. At this point I'm still waiting on my claim. Hoping to hear something soon.

Back