*UPDATED PAINT JOB* Supernatural Dean Winchester Bust (1/2 scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowswarlok

Freaked Out
Reaction score
This is an entire sculpt from scratch. It's a 1:2 scale Bust of Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) from Supernatural. Sculpted in Super Sculpey Firm, cast in resin. Dean stands about 11" tall, roughly 28cm.

I will be selling a few of these in the near future, feel free to PM me if interested in one. I am looking at making a Sam bust in the near future. Feedback appreciated!

Sculpt:
70c45313.jpg

Paint Job: *NEW PAINT JOB*

dean_2.jpg

dean_1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1:2 Scale Dean Winchester Bust

I see more Elijah Wood in there than Dean but still nice work.

Thanks for the comments.
Im going to be repainting him today, so expect new photos soon!
thanks
Wayne

I can see some Jensen in there. Good work.

Re: Supernatural Dean Winchester Bust (1/2 scale)

Thanks Ryu!
Im really struggling to paint this bust. Its the biggest sculpt ive done that needs a lifelike paintjob. I just brought an airbrush but dont trust myself enough with it yet...

Ive gone through about 4 different paint jobs so far...

Expect a new paintjob soon. Any tips really would be appreciated from you awesome guys and gals

thanks
Wayne

Looking at this picture, I think his right eye looks a bit off. I think you can get more of a Jensen likeness by modifying it. :)
16689.gif

Also, just curious for the hell of it, did you use wax to sculpt the original before casting?

Looking at this picture, I think his right eye looks a bit off. I think you can get more of a Jensen likeness by modifying it. :)

Also, just curious for the hell of it, did you use wax to sculpt the original before casting?

Thanks for the reference photo. I've fixed this as much as the sculpt will allow. I've decided to restart the paint job from scratch. New photos attached and also updated in the first post.

dean_2.jpg

dean_1.jpg

Looks good. One thing you should of added was the V muscle on the forehead. He has that. But looks really good

Back