Updated Blog - Anakin unpainted!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New accesdory is up, the holograph projector. He has some great tiny accessories. The "mysterious" exclusive accessory will be realeaved tomorrow. Duh! :rolleyes:

I guess the sith eyes still could be it, but it does say accessory. The different head with the eyes or a Krycek like eyes would be iffy. Dooku's head still works though :D

Nice accessories. :banana

I love that they can be placed in pouches on his belt. I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!

I'm sure we will see a Sith eyes Anakin later down the road. Not that personally care THAT much about seeing one with Sith eyes. But I would love to see a charred up Anakin (before vader suit). I hope the charred Anakin will still somewhat resemble Hayden because I notice that Medicom's version (ROTS Vader) doesn't look like him at all.

So what accessory is left? I am thinking the exclusive might be the Jedi grappling hook from the elevator scene. I guess we'll find out in the morning.

Maybe his exclusive is a second lit up lightsaber like when he fights with Dooku?

That would be très cool!!!

Last edited:
Don't you think they would make Dooku eventually? His saber would be pretty pointless then except that we'd have it earlier than later. I think the Sith eyes, Dooku's head, or small gadget are the likely ones though.

Looking at the DK ROTS book, another possible basic accessory could be Jedi Micro Binoculars.
Some other exclusive accessory possibilities are his Jedi Robe, or the Head set he wore in the Jedi Fighter.
I think the fact that his hair is made as a separate piece makes a Head variant with a head set/hair piece combo as the exclusive a very real possibility. Maybe it'll be an optional thing that's included in the set?

Jumping ahead, there are a couple things that could be the exclusive on ROTS Obi-Wan. General Grievous' Blaster and a Mangna Guard's Electro staff. I would prefer that he came with both, with one of them as his exclusive accessory.

I take it all the prequel Jedi's will have these 3 accessories as well.

Exclusive I'm still thinking will be Dooku's head. There is really no other accessory that would be associated with him from ROTS.

I don't know if i can take seeing Chris Lee's sad severed head. I actually felt bad for the Count. He went out like a chump. I mean, Anakin just reached over their blades and grabbed his wrists! Then the look on his face right before it happened? Sad.

Having said that, when Dooku is released, I'm totally posing them in the stance just before the head comes off!

I'm also glad all this will fit on his belt, since I just don't think I'd ever pose him holding ANY of these things. It's cool that they care enought to do them, though. I just hope the belt is strong enough to handle the weight of all that plus the hilt.

I wonder if he'll come with both the mechanical arm and the gloved arm...:confused:

Customikey said:
I don't know if i can take seeing Chris Lee's sad severed head. I actually felt bad for the Count. He went out like a chump. I mean, Anakin just reached over their blades and grabbed his wrists! Then the look on his face right before it happened? Sad.

Having said that, when Dooku is released, I'm totally posing them in the stance just before the head comes off!

I'm also glad all this will fit on his belt, since I just don't think I'd ever pose him holding ANY of these things. It's cool that they care enought to do them, though. I just hope the belt is strong enough to handle the weight of all that plus the hilt.

Yea, Dooku got screwed in the movie and had too short of screen time in Sith. He is my favorite PT character (c3po fave of OT). Hasbro put out a decen figure, but I can not wait till SS releases him.

Hasbro's Dooku sculpt was one of the most incredible sculpts I have seen from any company. Repainted, it looked EXACTLY like Chris Lee. This is the one and only time I will ever wonder whether SSC can do it better than Hasbro.
Here's a pic of my repainted Dooku.
dooku9xc.jpg

I also have the figure and it is indeed an impressive sculpt, extraordinary by Hasbro standards. I have confidence that Sideshow can do just as well if not better... at least if Andy sculpts it. I too felt sorry for Dooku. He just was a pawn in Palpatine's plan. He should have been made a prisoner.

But to return to the title of this thread...

Anakin unpainted. Yes, another dead-on Andy triumph and I hope the production paint job lives up to it.

I had wondered if the hair was molded separately. I don't believe Sideshow has done this before, have they? Interesting because that's what makers do to put glass eyes into the heads. Arnie Kim's Bruce Lee figures are molded this way; it's one reason they look so lifelike. Same goes for many of the Asian figures for whom others here have posted links -- Doggy's customs, etc. If Sideshow starts doing this...watch out.

And of course, for Anakin you could have regular eyes or yellow sith eyes...:wacky

Back