Upcoming Vader Price Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much will Vader cost?

• $89.99 - $99.99

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • $99.99 - $109.99

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • $109.99 - $119.99

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • $119.99 or Higher

Votes: 55 46.2%

• Total voters
They don't charge a flat shipping fee. I have compared shipping prices before with other board members, and we are charged different amounts based on the destination. Those that live closer pay less for shipping.

I sincerely hope that is not the case Pix. I also hope the price premium will go toward accurate engineering of the helmet proportions along with quality suit materials and not just pocketed because of mass appeal.

i disagree... i wouldn't doubt that they will price Vader around the $150 marker. and i think Snake Eyes is overpriced. everyone says its because he comes with so many accessories. well so do many of the Hot Toys military, Soldier Story, figures, and they all seem to be cheaper. i've seen some of them go for less than $100. and they come with just as many accessories:
ss0015.jpg

ss0015d.jpg

ss0015c.jpg

ss0015b.jpg

ss0015a.jpg

There is no licensing fees with these types of figures. No one knows what SS is having to pay Hasbro.

I think it's going to be around $100-$150, but closer to the $100 mark. Remember for one, it doesn't have nearly as much accessories as Snake Eyes, and he's much more popular and so the high sales will be taken into account.

They'll make up most of it in high volume of sales so don't expect any low ES for Vader. Not even the exclusive.

As Tom said, Snake Eyes is not Star Wars so is apples and oranges to compare considering figure details/accessories alone. They are 2 completely different animals even though they are both 12" figures.

I will pay more for attention to detail, build quality, and most importantly going above and beyond what other companies have achieved in 1:6 scale.

I'm thinking $99.99. If they go higher than that with Star Wars, they might have a riot on their hands... I passed on the Obi because of the price, and I'll likely pass on Vader for the same reason. At least I have the Hasbro version already...

Sideshow doesn't have to worry about a riot if they set Vader higher than $100. Sure people will probably complain, but they'll still buy him. He is a must for the Star Wars collection and will be a sell out even if he's $120.

I personally think he'll be set at $100 but wouldn't be surprised if he's more.

Sideshow doesn't have to worry about a riot if they set Vader higher than $100. Sure people will probably complain, but they'll still buy him. He is a must for the Star Wars collection and will be a sell out even if he's $120.

I personally think he'll be set at $100 but wouldn't be surprised if he's more.

If he is $200, I expect LEDs in the chest box and belt, and voice breathing.

I think the only figure I'd pay $200 is Chewbacca with fur. Lights and sound driving Vader's price up that much would make me very grumpy.

Back