Untitled 25th James Bond film (April 8th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black woman cast as 007... let's all lose our freakin' minds

She's playing 007, not James Bond you idiots. Read the article.

Bond quits MI6. They recruit a new 007. It's part of the plot of the movie.

This isn't even the first time in the series that Bond has lost the codename.

My thoughts exactly.

She's playing 007, not James Bond you idiots. Read the article.

Bond quits MI6. They recruit a new 007. It's part of the plot of the movie.

This isn't even the first time in the series that Bond has lost the codename.

Yep... I’m a huge bond fan and I have no issue with this. He’s retired so someone would get the 007 license.

would never ever ever watch it.

I understand they are introducing a new character for the 007 title and not James Bond, so that makes it less of a smack in the face but I don't support it. I love the idea of a spin off series about female agent that is set in the same universe as James Bond, why not? but to take over the series. Seriously **** off.

For the record I felt the same way about that Jeremy Renner Bourne movie too. I did not watch that either.

I'm so thrilled about diversity in Hollywood finally becoming more accepted in a general way, but would have thought the Broccoli family be above succumbing to pressure to make a move purely to be about a PR statement such as this.

I have not heard anything about her being a spin off and keeping the 007 license.. If the did try that I think it’s a fail just on a casting point of view. Not digging her overall look. But maybe in the movie she looks more the part.

If they try and make new bondless Bond films I know that I will check out. Regardless of who is playing 007

spin off series in all honesty would do terribly... casting her to take over the mantle will do well to bring in more revenue for the first film out of principal curiosity.. but I refuse to support this. in fact I may not support Bond 25 either.

Seriously why are people freaking out over this 007 Werewolf in London.

The British government is not retiring the 007 license like a goddamn baseball jersey lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

would never ever ever watch it.

I understand they are introducing a new character for the 007 title and not James Bond, so that makes it less of a smack in the face but I don't support it. I love the idea of a spin off series about female agent that is set in the same universe as James Bond, why not? but to take over the series. Seriously **** off.

For the record I felt the same way about that Jeremy Renner Bourne movie too. I did not watch that either.

I'm so thrilled about diversity in Hollywood finally becoming more accepted in a general way, but would have thought the Broccoli family be above succumbing to pressure to make a move purely to be about a PR statement such as this.

It doesn't say that anywhere.

You've had 24 films in a row with a male lead. I don't see what the big deal is. And I see the racist incels in this place leaving such tasteless comments hasn't changed.

You've had 24 films in a row with a male lead. I don't see what the big deal is. And I see the racist incels in this place leaving such tasteless comments hasn't changed.
It's not a racial/gender/whatever issue at all. In general, if you have someone new taking over the mantle of a position that has had a lot of history, naturally there will be backlash. I mean look at Daniel Craig himself, when he was first cast as Bond there was an outrage saying how the franchise was ruined and how he would do an awful job. Now look at him. This change might be seen as horrible right now to a lot of people, not because of race, but because of the dramatic transition in the leading role. Give it time, if the film makers actually make the transition make sense and don't simply use the casting choice as a PR stunt to sway the media then I think people will come around.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seriously why are people freaking out over this 007 Werewolf in London.

The British government is not retiring the 007 license like a goddamn baseball jersey lol

Yep I don't get the uproar over this one personally. Black Ariel is dumb yes but a different agent altogether simply getting Bond's newly available "00" number? So what. "Oh no he's going to hit on her and she'll reject him! How emasculating!" Um no Judi Dench gave Pierce Brosnan an earful about how he was basically a misogynistic dinosaur back in *1995* and he still ended up being one of the most badass Bonds ever. And we've seen him get rejected before (hell Eva Green played him like a fiddle.) He shrugged it off and moved on with his life. Some people can still learn a lot from Bond, lol.

They talked about a spin-off in the early 2000s with Halle Berry's character from Die Another Day. Obviously that never came to pass.

The trouble with this is they have the character taking over as 007 from James Bond - James Bond who is Daniel Craig - Daniel Craig who is retiring from the role after this - and therefore if they continue with this new character beyond Bond 25, Bond won't be around anymore. They can't bring Bond back and recast him with a younger actor if they're sticking with this same continuity because that would make zero sense.

So in effect she will be replacing James Bond in his own franchise - unless they run a parallel conventional Bond reboot at the same time.

On the other hand she may simply be a new one-off character for this film alone after which they reboot anyway. It's not clear yet, I'm just looking at the possible scenarios.

I think it goes without saying that if this new film bombs then the next Bond film will just be a new actor playing him without any reference to the current woman and most likely a brand new supporting cast (Q, M, etc.) as well.

It doesn't say that anywhere.

many of the media articles are suggesting that she will take over the franchise.

As a plot device in a singular movie? I think that's quite cool actually and am all for it.

But if this is the end of the Craig continuity it should end here.

New British dude cast as Bond - New reboot and here we go again for a new James Bond franchise. This is how it should be.

to make a publicity stunt and say that a black female woman should take over the mantle if 007 is not doing any favors for diversity in Hollywood, in fact it only hurts it and veers toward a form of positive discrimination in my mind. It's just twisting the issue further and deliberately creating controversy to generate buzz.

I think it's well past time to start up a new franchise a black, or asian or Arabic, other racial or gender group that is not depicted on a mass Hollywood scale tied to as massive franchise such as in terms of action/spy/thriller and a charismatic hero.

Taking over James Bond to make this statement is only doing more harm than good.

I think it goes without saying that if this new film bombs then the next Bond film will just be a new actor playing him without any reference to the current woman and most likely a brand new supporting cast (Q, M, etc.) as well.

Give the franchise to Nolan. He wants to make a Bond film.

The impression I get from the rationale being given with this is: this isn’t the new James Bond, it’s just simply the 007 code name. But, James Bond hung it up so far all intents and purposes, this is indeed the new “James Bond.”

It’s almost like they don’t want to say that it is indeed for all intents and purposes a replacement because they know the backlash it’d receive, so they’re basically trying to use the MCU route with Captain America in Endgame as the way to do it.

On that same token, I don’t see it being any different than what happened with Captain America in Endgame. Steve Rogers retired and passed the mantle of Captain America to Sam Wilson. Only the transition with that felt more smooth to me and not as forced as 007.

I haven’t seen a Bond film in theaters in ages though, so I doubt I’ll see this new “007” one, either.

It's not a racial/gender/whatever issue at all. In general, if you have someone new taking over the mantle of a position that has had a lot of history, naturally there will be backlash. I mean look at Daniel Craig himself, when he was first cast as Bond there was an outrage saying how the franchise was ruined and how he would do an awful job. Now look at him. This change might be seen as horrible right now to a lot of people, not because of race, but because of the dramatic transition in the leading role. Give it time, if the film makers actually make the transition make sense and don't simply use the casting choice as a PR stunt to sway the media then I think people will come around.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not according to many many people on YouTube and social media.

Back