Unpopular movie or tv show opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one. BTTF series is incredibly overrated. Like I'll watch them and more or less enjoy them, but I don't understand why people lose their minds over it.

I think the first one is great, just because it's fun and engaging. Everything's really well done IMO. I don't really like the 2015 parts of Part 2, because it feels like it's just aping the first film, but after that it really improves and I love how the 1955 sequences are done in that movie. Part 3 is pretty enjoyable IMO but it does feel like it's retreading the first two at times. One thing I do really like about Part II and III is all the Eastwood love in them and the subtle setups and payoffs that reference A Fistful of Dollars.

I think a lot of the fanaticism comes from nostalgia too though.

That one with a bunch of red necks running in the woods with shotguns looking for monsters.WTF ??? Just like wrestling FAKE.Who in the right mind watches that ?

?????????????????????????????????????

I don't know how unpopular this is, but a lot of people use the phrase "Well, it's no Citizen Kane" when they see a movie that they like, but don't think it's a level of greatness. However, everyone that I encountered who said that, hasn't even seen Citizen Kane. There's there's a lot of folks that think Citizen Kane was just something to be respected for what it did for cinema, but don't bother with it because they think it will be boring or dated.

Citizen Kane is an awesome movie! I've seen it multiple times, and I love it everytime. I put it up there right after the Godfather movies as one of the greatest movies that I've seen. Charles Foster Kane is my favorite movie character after Michael Corelone.

Most people love Citizen Kane, except me. Don't see what the big deal is. I understand that it was "before it's time" but, meh.

Guardians of the Galaxy wasn't very good aside from the opening.

i thought the same thing but then I watched it one night when I couldn't sleep and I found the movie to be amazing. I don't know why...previously I thought that the middle dragged and the villain was weak

Citizen Kane is indeed an enjoyable movie. I've only seen it once myself. No real interest in revisiting it. Knowing the history of cinema and the behind the scenes tidbits and what an impact it had on films makes it the masterpiece that it is.

I am sad to admit I didn't care for Seven Samurai and I don't like westerns so have never attempted any Sergio Leone films. I might one day. Do they have to be watched on order or should I just watch "the best one." And which is the "best one?" I assume Good, Bad, and the Ugly?

I'm not a big western guy either. As for order, it doesn't matter.

For A Few Dollars More is my favorite.

A Fistful of Dollars is the most accessible as it's plot has be done in countless movies.

TGTB&TU has some of the best scenes and cinematography, but is long and can drag. The Sundown is one of my favorite pieces of music, ever.

Then follow up with Once Upon a Time in the West.

I am sad to admit I didn't care for Seven Samurai and I don't like westerns so have never attempted any Sergio Leone films. I might one day. Do they have to be watched on order or should I just watch "the best one." And which is the "best one?" I assume Good, Bad, and the Ugly?

I'm not a huge western fan but I love Leone's films.

My personal favourite is either GBU or Once Upon a Time in the West, usually depending on which one I've seen most recently. :lol

You don't have to watch them in order, but doing so wouldn't do any harm, if only to see the production values increase.

Clockwork Orange isn't very good.

Chamber of Secrets is the best HP movie.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is better than Dawn.

Air Force One was bad.

I can watch Godfather 1 & 2 over and over. Butch Cassidy and Bonne & Clyde over and over...

Oh, by the way...
Rise of the Planet of the Apes is better than Dawn.
Both are stinky monkey poo compared to the novel or/and classic PotA film.
Semi-watchable at best.

_

latest

Oh, by the way...

Both are stinky monkey poo compared to the novel or/and classic PotA film.

_

latest

I think the concept of the original movie is amazing, but I just can't watch anything with Charlton Heston. I got enough of that fool after sitting through the Ten Commandments....an achievement in my eyes. What's worse, the dude runs around in a loincloth the whole time. I'll pass.

Back