Universal PF Monster Tease?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bite your tongue! I'd buy a Phibes PF if it was done right. Vincent Price is one of my all-time horror heroes!

Mine too. Who doesn't love Vinnie? Just pointing out that Phibes doesn't look anymore exciting than the Invisible Man... But then, to each my own ;)

Mine too. Who doesn't love Vinnie? Just pointing out that Phibes doesn't look anymore exciting than the Invisible Man... But then, to each my own ;)

Both must bow before the awesome might of the Non existent Creature PF. A Vincent Price PF would be cool. I wrote of and on to the late Mr. Price during the later years of his life. Those correspondences left me with many fine autographed items. So yeah, I'm down with a Price PF. Creature first though.

I know this is a little off topic, but instead of starting another thread...and since Vincent Price has been mentioned...I am thinking of buying the DVD set:Vincent Price: MGM Scream Legends Collection . And I was wondering if anyone here has it, and can recommend it.

I am a big fan of 50's-60's sci-fi etc. Not so much a fan of say, the Hammer horror series. And was wondering where these would fall in the scheme of things..:D

All of these films were previously released by MGM, most (except Tales of Terror) under the "Midnite Movies" banner, so I assume that the new box set contains the same discs -- or at least the same transfers and disc authoring -- as those earlier releases. The only one I don't already own is Witchfinder General, but I (as a complete Vincent Price fan ;)) can definitely recommend the rest. You won't find incredible video or audio quality here, but the transfers are passable, and didn't get in the way of my enjoyment of the films at all. You can also find reviews/comments of the individual titles on Amazon, to get a feel for how others like the films.

One thing that really surprises me about this set is the omission of The Pit and the Pendulum and The Fall of the House of Usher. No Price horror collection is complete without those titles (and both were also previously released by MGM, so I assume they still have the rights to them).

These are them: The Abominable Dr. Phibes / Tales of Terror / Theater of Blood / Madhouse / Witchfinder General / Dr. Phibes Rises Again / Twice Told Tales).

That's a great line up. You will absolutely hate Price in Witchfinder Gen. though. He's really dag nasty evil in it. Its also a twisted film, IMO. Go buy the set today!!:lol

Back