Universal Monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: gREAT JOB

Sure there are many more figures I'd like to see but......I'm a very contented Monster Kid!
Understandably so Frankenfan, but, as a collector of 1:6 only this line will never be complete for me without an Ygor and Maleva [minimally].

Lots of fans here for the UM line. I have all the "color" versions in both nine and twelve inch that SSC has offered. Every new offering seems to be better executed than the last. Just wish we'd see more new offerings announced soon as the current situation is a bit of a concern to me.

I'm really glad to see there are several of us....whenever I'm in a live Sideshow chat, I feel like I'm the only one who wants Universal Monsters stuff.

Great thread Darkgirl. I feel re-animated again. Thank you.

Hey where are you other Monster Freaks? Come on, line up. Show Sideshow the masses are not lying down languid.

Hey where are you other Monster Freaks? Come on, line up. Show Sideshow the masses are not lying down languid.

I'm with you Creecher, but my heart is also saddened by the demise of the Apes line. >:
They kill all that I love. :cry

Just read this from Bloody-Disgusting.com:

B-D reader eyeam2000 just pointed me over to a website called The-ReelGillman, which is run by Ben Chapman (the man who played the monster in the original movies), which claims that Universal Pictures has just signed on Brett Ratner (Red Dragon) to direct the remake of the 1954 classic black and white film The Creature from the Black Lagoon! They also report that the script was written by Gary Ross, whom is a relative of the original screenwriter for the original film. In the original a scientific expedition traveling up the Amazon River encounter a dangerous humanoid amphibious fish creature.

figured it'd make other mouths water as much as it did mine ........ ...... iiiiiifff they dont screw it up.

Two of my favorite SideShow moments...

1) Reading about them, and then getting the 8 inch series one Frankenstein and company.

2) The Frankenstein 12 inch...

and....All the others!!!:bat

More please!:bow

which claims that Universal Pictures has just signed on Brett Ratner (Red Dragon) to direct the remake of the 1954 classic black and white film The Creature from the Black Lagoon!
Uuuggghhh! :puke
First Ratner is going to destroy the X-Men Films based on my favorite Marvel comic, and then he is going to destroy the remake of my favorite Universal Monster The Creature From The Black Lagoon? I really hope this is not true. :x

Hmmm? I thought I had replied to this thread, but looking back over it I guess I didn't. I am a huge monster fan and that is what first got me buying Sideshow collectible items! The Universal Monsters and other Classic monsters will always hold a special place in my heart. I am old enough (like a few others in this thread :p ) to have grown up reading Famous Monsters of Filmland, building Aurora monster models, and watching one release after another of poorly done monster figures until Sideshow came along! When I was very young, back in prehistoric times before DVD's and VCR's, I even recorded Dracula to a 3" reel-to-reel tape recorder (remember those?)! The 1/4 scale monsters are a dream come true for me, and I will support the line (and any other monster items Sideshow releases) until I'm either broke or dead... whichever comes first! :bonk

frankenstein004.jpg

very kewl repaint.

Wowza... now thats a necropost! How do people find these 2+year old threads?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back