United Cutlery Lurtz bow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eva Estelle

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi,
From all the positive comments about the Lurtz PF it goes without saying that everyone here is pleased with the idea of the bow.
Do you think that there is any chance that UC will ever produce the bow of Lurtz? What would you guys and gals think of a life-size replica of Lurtz’s bow along with three arrows to display?
I want this sooo bad!

Too bad about UC going belly up, I thought that this was a thread announcing new products after they have been quiet for so long. I still need to get Eowyn's sword, and I hoped that they might take a stab at bows like this and Leggy's in the future.

I am also really upset about UC going under. I just recently was able to acquire an Anduril but there was still so much that I wanted that I wasn't able to get...its getting harder and harder to find and pieces like the Glamdring are being amazingly pricey. I would have loved Legolas's bow and Lurtz's wouldn't have been so shabby either!

UC's web site is still up and active - where is there information about
them going bankrupt? And is it a re-organization bankruptcy, or are
they going completely out of business and closing their doors?

JS :confused:

This sucks major a$$...............IMO, UC is awesome. I love their items. Hopefully it is a restructuring and not a closing. I wanna see more LOTR items from them.

I didn't see the information anywhere other than what was posted just above by Darth Rage, so maybe I am responding to speculation about the future of United Cutlery. They do make a lot of fantasy swords as well as more practical gear, so I am not sure if they have gone under, I am just responding to what was posted. I don't know what happened to some of the items that were discussed long ago either, and it seems like the LOTR line has slowed to such a crawl that thay may not be producing any more product. I don't really know...:confused:

I'll send a message to Blades By Brown, I used to order swords from them and see if they have any better info...but I might be tempted to order Eowyn's sword while I'm at their site!:monkey3

UC definitely has declared bankruptcy, it's not just rumours.

This is info from one of their direct dealers:

United has declared bankruptcy, and has laid off several employees, but they are still selling LOTR items. They are trying to clearance all of their items including the LOTR items that they have left (which is only like 2 or 3 items). I speak to my United Cutlery rep. everyday, so I am pretty sure my info. in accurate. They have been so busy shipping all their clearance items[...]

And this is the sender info and adress on the invoice of a replacement shipment I have just received from UC directly:

United Cutlery Debtor in Possession
P.O. Box xxxx
Nashville, TN xxx

It is sad, but we're most likely not gonna see any future releases from them... :monkey2

Yikes, that is too bad about UC!

And I was in contact with their customer service to replace a damaged plaque for my Elven Strider Knife...guess that is never coming. Off to ebay then, to find that last sword and replace the broken plaque!

goliath said:
UC definitely has declared bankruptcy, it's not just rumours.

This is info from one of their direct dealers:

And this is the sender info and adress on the invoice of a replacement shipment I have just received from UC directly:

United Cutlery Debtor in Possession
P.O. Box xxxx
Nashville, TN xxx

It is sad, but we're most likely not gonna see any future releases from them... :monkey2

No company is buying them over or something??

JSAuctionService said:
UC's web site is still up and active - where is there information about
them going bankrupt? And is it a re-organization bankruptcy, or are
they going completely out of business and closing their doors?

JS :confused:

Hi JS, its been quite a while since I last seen you post in LOTR forum... I still remember the pic you have on the UC Sam's frying pan... it will NEVER ever be produced now...

even if UC did not go bankrupt, all along they could not and would not have made bows because of licensing issues. if not we would already have seen bow replicas by now. actually i'm sure many fans would jump at buying the bows of legolas and probably lurtz's and strider's too. but perhaps they think that with not much bows to make, it wasn't worth to pay for the licensing to reproduce them.

so say even if UC managed to get back up in a healthy financial state, you would still not see a bow from them.

gtb said:
No company is buying them over or something??

No, the "debtor in possession" means that whatever bank financed UC's business now owns all of their inventory.

The German fantasy shop www.elbenwald.de used to have an Elven Bow and a Legolas Bow, but they're not available anymore.

A friend of mine has both, see his collection here, I always though it was UC... Cool anyways! :cool:

Back