Unexpected party log in

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One important thing revealed/confirmed today is that they intend to allow Weta to do their own thing in terms of collectibles, as with Kong and Narnia. So for those holding their breath waiting for a Sideshow/Weta reunion...

wetachat.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

One important thing revealed/confirmed today is that they intend to allow Weta to do their own thing in terms of collectibles, as with Kong and Narnia. So for those holding their breath waiting for a Sideshow/Weta reunion...

Yeah, I didn't figure they would be getting back together. Though, I hope they choose a better distributor than Dark Horse.

I was actually one of those people hoping that Sideshow could get involved. But I guess nothing's set in stone at this point, so we shall wait and see.

Me too tom. I guess the Weta/SS collaboration was a one-time "lightning in a bottle" and topic for nostalgia.

PJ your my boy Kiwis for life :love

That was awesome that we got so many questions answered I am completely satisfied :joy
I am also glad too hear Weta will be doing collectibles alone but it somewhat saddens me that Sideshow is not involved -period- and yes we need a better distributor than Darkhorse

I was actually one of those people hoping that Sideshow could get involved. But I guess nothing's set in stone at this point, so we shall wait and see.

I was hoping too but I figured it to be a long shot at best.

I don't see in the transcript where they said anything about BR though.

Me too tom. I guess the Weta/SS collaboration was a one-time "lightning in a bottle" and topic for nostalgia.

Does appear that way. :monkey2 Which sucks because we'd get great items with the great coverage/service of SS.

icaroz: Will the Ring trilogy get a blu-ray release around the time of Hobbit? or sooner?

Peter_Jackson: Hi Icaroz - We are working on a blu ray version of the LOTR trilogy with Warner Bros at the moment, not sure when it is due for release. It certainly won't be this year.

But it's good to know they're working on it.

Thnx Tom! I just skipped over it. I would hope 2009 but thinking more like 2010 maybe even early 2011 getting ready for The Hobbit.

Back