UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when Drake climbed with the nail thing first thing came out from my mind "Tomb Raider"

I LOVE the grappling hook mechanic, and it seems they refined the CQC to make it extremely versatile. Soooooo excited!

The entire opening reminded me of Tomb Raider when she emerges from the caverns at the beginning. Its pretty much the same scenery.

Looks fantastic. The climbing reminded me of Tomb Raider. The banter and combat felt like The Last of Us. The stealth reminding me of Assassin's Creed. All rolled into one game. This is gonna be great!

What I really liked about the last of us, was that when you were spotted, it never felt wrong, it never felt like all your hard work on sneaking around up until that point was wasted. It felt fluid and seamless and like it should of happened. It never felt like you were missing out on a part of the game because you'd been seen. and it didn't make you wanna press start and select restart from last check point. And It looks like it will be the same in uncharted 4! Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but I like my games to go how they are intended. If I was spotted when it felt like I shouldn't have been, id restart and try to move through the area unseen. In any game. But this looks to be the same as the last of us. When he gets spotted in that video it's seamless and it's like, Well I've been spotted so I'll have to deal with it. Whereas usually I'd restart the section and try to get through unnoticed.

What I really liked about the last of us, was that when you were spotted, it never felt wrong, it never felt like all your hard work on sneaking around up until that point was wasted. It felt fluid and seamless and like it should of happened. It never felt like you were missing out on a part of the game because you'd been seen. and it didn't make you wanna press start and select restart from last check point. And It looks like it will be the same in uncharted 4! Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but I like my games to go how they are intended. If I was spotted when it felt like I shouldn't have been, id restart and try to move through the area unseen. In any game. But this looks to be the same as the last of us. When he gets spotted in that video it's seamless and it's like, Well I've been spotted so I'll have to deal with it. Whereas usually I'd restart the section and try to get through unnoticed.
That's a really good observation and I agree completely. The Arkham games, while I love them, I think are a good example of what you're referring; if you get spotted while stealithly trying to clear a room you basically just start over in frustration.

its more realistic just continuing after being caught..... imo

but i get what you mean

That's a really good observation and I agree completely. The Arkham games, while I love them, I think are a good example of what you're referring; if you get spotted while stealithly trying to clear a room you basically just start over in frustration.

yeah when they execute the hostage, I remember doing certain maps(or having to) over 20+ times because I kept getting caught :rotfl

The latest Hitman was really bad for me. I've never restarted a game so many times :lol....the enjoyment I had playing the last of us and not having to restart every 5 minutes was unbelievable. :lol

Yea the disguise system while more realistic than Blood Money, didn't really work well for a game, it made playing really frustrating.

Yeah, Uncharted 3 used that well. You were rewarded for stealth. There were certain areas with enemy respawning you could avoid if you stealth killed everyone. And often you would receive a bonus 'power' weapon drop for doing so. Yet the game still held to it's cover shooter roots, so it never felt wrong engaging in a fire fight.

almost yeah.... :lol and the knife climbing is very similar to the climbing axe in TR as stated above :rotfl

I think it's funny... I almost wonder if Naughty Dog are having a laugh at Phil Spencer from Microsoft and the comment about wishing Xbox had an Act/Adv game of the ilk of Uncharted.. not to mention the whole exclusivity deal with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

So when you think about it, when Uncharted first hit the scene, everybody called it Tomb Raider with a male, or Dude Raider. (even though TR was more exploration, and Uncharted more combat)

Then after the mediocre Tomb Raider Underworld, you have to say the new reboot very heavily borrowed from Uncharted with the set-pieces and the pace. The new Lara was more sympathetic too (although she goes from her first kill to mowing down enemies with automatic weapons without too much conscience in pretty quick time)

And now it's like Naughty Dog are saying.. our turn again.. :lol

My friends and I were discussing this and we all agree that this is the case with this game. You feel so immersed and actually it's pretty rewarding to get caught and try to get yourself out of a tough situation. Man I cannot wait for UC4.

I think it's funny... I almost wonder if Naughty Dog are having a laugh at Phil Spencer from Microsoft and the comment about wishing Xbox had an Act/Adv game of the ilk of Uncharted.. not to mention the whole exclusivity deal with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

So when you think about it, when Uncharted first hit the scene, everybody called it Tomb Raider with a male, or Dude Raider. (even though TR was more exploration, and Uncharted more combat)

Then after the mediocre Tomb Raider Underworld, you have to say the new reboot very heavily borrowed from Uncharted with the set-pieces and the pace. The new Lara was more sympathetic too (although she goes from her first kill to mowing down enemies with automatic weapons without too much conscience in pretty quick time)

And now it's like Naughty Dog are saying.. our turn again.. :lol

The exclusivity deal was done because of Uncharted 4 I think, since XB1 couldnt compete with that kind of exclusive(Uncharted4). I remember the comparisons, actually I was working when I first seen Uncharted 1 on the shelf and I said "oh this is like the game with the male tomb raider" :lol I bought it not knowing what to expect after only seeing a trailer, needless to say I was blown away at how good it was. Hey! that was 2007 :lol

Troy Baker just confirmed that he will be voicing Drake's brother as seen in that gameplay. Jeez. :slap

I love Troy and Nolan North but I don't think they should voice everyone. :lol

Back