Ultimate Quarter Scale Darth Maul review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Call me crazy - and I bet many will - but the second Ultimate Quarter Scale figure is not just better than the first, but one of the best 18" and above figures (not statues) of the year. Yea, this body they've developed is going to give them some serious issues with certain characters (like that Terminator), but it works great with Maul, and the head sculpt and paint are extremely nice. Considering that you can pick this guy up for less than $60 at some retailers, he's a Hell of a nice figure.

Now, it wasn't a grand slam for me, because I has some serious issues with breakage on the body. I had to get THREE of these before I was able to do a review, because the first broke a wrist, and the second broke a hip. Hopefully this was a fluke, but I'd be careful handling these guys til you are sure the joints are solid. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

I am going to TRU today to get some toys for my kids with their holiday gift cards -- this seems like a winner! I like the head sculpt a lot on this - actually better than the SS PF; the teeth look better and the face actually looks menacing. :clap

Either this or more Legos. :monkey5

going from your review I think many will stay away from this line. I know I was hyped alittle about these figures, but the fear of breakage is probably going to keep me away. I don't know about most but $60 isn't cheap and I don't want to dish out the money and hope it doesn't break. If this is indeed a toy I shouldn't have to handle it as if it is glass.

Good review Mike albeit a generous one. But to me his head looks tiny and he seems too tall but I am sure the fans of senior Maul will be quite happy.

Picked him up today. Great figure. Definitely a great alternative for those who can't afford PFs but like the 1:4 scale. Hell, if he were 1:6, even he'd be better than Medicom's! :lol

P.S. Michael, you can take the blades out for an "unlit" look.

Oooooo - I'll try removing one. After my breakage issues, you might imagine I was rather careful with this one!

Just saw this. Pretty good deal if anyone is interested in this guy.

How the hell is TOYnk selling that bad boy for 50 dollary doos? Also I saw Indy in person and while the figure itself has some weight to it, the pin that holds the torso together is rather weak. It's made of a light ABS plastic when it should be more flexible given the distribution of weight. Indy sucks btw, Maul looks nicer in person.

I got one of these the other day and it is really great if you pose it well. I have mine posed like the Sideshow PF and not sure that most could tell if I took a picture of it.

Impressive, most impressive...

I have this figure, and I was very impressed with the quality of the sculpt and the clothing. I think its better than the SS 1:6 scale, but not quite as good as the PF. My figure is real stiff so its hard to pose into the PF position for fear of breaking it. So mine has an alternate stance, but looks awesome. I also picked up the Emporer, and he is stunnig in person.

I have this Maul and think it is pretty good. I scored it on clearance at a local TRU for around $30... too good of a price to pass up.

Back