Ugh... Boxing up toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galmando

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I decided to sell some stuff

Dunno why I'm writing a thread on it, just bored at home right now...

Hot Toys Iron man Mark iii, Armour Unleashed and Men In Black set all destined for eBay

I was going to sell my Mk1, the latest version, but I got it for free (technically) so I'll figured I may as well keep it. Not losing anything on it I guess

I'm torn about Jack Sparrow though, the DX06, when I went though the list of figures in my head that I wanted to sell, that was in there. But looking at it, I just don't think I can!

I figured that I only got the MKii to complete my Iron Man set, but that's gonna be a never ending set, so I think I'll nip it in the bud now. I have no idea why I bought the MiB, this is part of the reason I'm selling stuff, I just can't think why I have it.

Can't wait to complete the Avengers set, then I'm done!

But that Battle Damaged T800 does look nice...

Anyone else find it hard to bite the bullet and sell stuff?

Yes I find it difficult. I go back and forth on stuff so often it isn't funny.

And it only gets tougher and tougher as you wittle down the collection from stuff that is relatively easy to let go of because its not something you were really into and you bought on hype - to the stuff that has more importance to you but you still have fleeting notions of being able to live without it...fleeting because then as soon as you pick the figure up to box it away and it looks so good..back it goes on the shelf. You can't bring yourself to do it.

Part of the problem is that you can't just pick up again in the future as the prices will only ever go up, so yeah, letting go is difficult

So on that note, I really don't know what to do about the DX06, it's just so nice

I also think that I should just get over it and sell the MK1. The only Iron men I would have would be MK5 cuz it's one of my faves, MK6, cuz it's displayed with War Machine, and then MK7, becuzzzz it'll be with the A Crew!!

Never getting rid of T800 and T1000, I love terminator so they have a special place, as does Superman, awww yeeeahh!

I'm in the same boat, I was going to pack up and sell my Terminator figures and focus on Marvel and DC Hot toys , I started with my T-1000 and just looked at what a nice set it was, Thought all I need to do is get another body to have another full figure to display so instead of riding myself of one figure I made plans to add another to the display lol

I rarely sell/trade my stuff, this is because I collect for myself, and when I buy something is because I intend to keep in my collection. I don't go on spending spree for everything new that comes out, I have a specific focus and I stick to it.

:slap

Look . . . selling items from one's collection is never an easy let alone a wanted task, but given the number of threads and posts about "getting out of the hobby, taking a step back, being priced out, should I sell, etc." is turning into a pity party thread.

Generally speaking as one collector to another . . . it sucks whenever you (or anyone else) have to reduce the collection for whatever reasons.

If you're going to do it, then simply do it. Get what you can out of it and move on, but don't have a naive notion that you ma be able reacquire what you part with for the same price you sold it for it and/or it'll be readily available somewhere down the line. There is no guarantee.

Keep you what you really want and sell what you really no longer need. Asking for help & input is one thing, but it's almost like a prolonged anguish for yourself.

You apparently decided to sell, then simply sell what you no longer need & want and move on. It's almost like we're dragged into the psyche of every collector considering/needing/wanting to quit collecting or reduce collecting like some informal group therapy as of late.

Back