U.S. Boarder Shipping Addresses for Canadians

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spidey976

Super Freak
Reaction score
So recently it was brought to my attention that some Canadians have managed to get U.S. Shipping address spin Cities like Detroit or Buffalo in order to get statues shipped to those addresses both from EBay auctions, and from Boardie sellers in the U.S.. Now I have heard that not only does this help them get items shipped from EBay.com, which often has items not available on the eBay.ca site, but it helps them avoid some of the duties and taxes they would have to pay to get the item shipped over the boarder.

Does anyone know anything about that??? I could use some advice about the Pros and Cons.

If you live fairly close to the border, then it's not a bad idea to get your items shipped to a reputable shipping depot on the US side, then hop across the border and pick it up. Most retailers have lower shipping rates when shipping within the 48 States, as opposed to shipping it across the border into Canada. If you visit the US for more than 48 hrs, then you can even take advantage of the max exemption and fill up on cheaper gas :)

Plus depending on if you get a nice border guard, he might just wave you by or have you pay HST based on the Canadian equivalent of your purchased item(s).

But if live farther away, then it may not be worthwhile as the extra cost of shipping may still outweigh the extra fuel cost required to drive down to the border.

And yes I agree on the US sites having WAY better selection than the Canadian retailer sites.

If you live fairly close to the border, then it's not a bad idea to get your items shipped to a reputable shipping depot on the US side, then hop across the border and pick it up. Most retailers have lower shipping rates when shipping within the 48 States, as opposed to shipping it across the border into Canada. If you visit the US for more than 48 hrs, then you can even take advantage of the max exemption and fill up on cheaper gas :)

Plus depending on if you get a nice border guard, he might just wave you by or have you pay HST based on the Canadian equivalent of your purchased item(s).

But if live farther away, then it may not be worthwhile as the extra cost of shipping may still outweigh the extra fuel cost required to drive down to the border.

And yes I agree on the US sites having WAY better selection than the Canadian retailer sites.

Thanks toys..... Do you know the names of any such depot that may operate both out your way and here in Ontario???

I really do feel for you lot across the border. I hope you can find a depot (anyone know of one?) that will help you out! Good luck.

Thanks toys..... Do you know the names of any such depot that may operate both out your way and here in Ontario???

For us Vancouverites, we usually ship our stuff to Blaine, WA or Point Roberts, WA. For me, I go to Point Roberts. We have:
The Letter Carrier
https://www.thelettercarrier.com/
and TSB Shipping
https://www.tsbshipping.com/

Not sure what is on your side near Detroit or Buffalo. Did a Google search and found this site:
https://shiptotheborder.com/finding-your-us-shipping-address

Hope that helps. Or if anyone else living in that area could chime in.

I guess it was too late last night that I didn't re-read what I typed "But if you live farther away, then it may not be worthwhile as the extra cost of shipping may still outweigh the extra fuel cost required to drive down to the border.

I meant the other way around if fuel costs outweigh the extra shipping charges :slap

Try a UPS Store. I know it sounds like a good idea and it definitely costs less not to have to have stuff shipped across the border but don't forget to calculate what it's going to cost you in gas, time, wear and tear on your vehicle, tax, toll and the actual cost the receiver is going to charge you to receive your package. Also, if something is wrong and you gotta ship it back to Sideshow, you'll have to make the trip again.

Try a UPS Store. I know it sounds like a good idea and it definitely costs less not to have to have stuff shipped across the border but don't forget to calculate what it's going to cost you in gas, time, wear and tear on your vehicle, tax, toll and the actual cost the receiver is going to charge you to receive your package. Also, if something is wrong and you gotta ship it back to Sideshow, you'll have to make the trip again.

I have sideshow ship directly to me. When I buy from another membef it goes to my broker across the border. I only live about an hour or so from the border

Thanks guys.... A friend of mine had a few suggested places as well ... I will post a link when he emails it. I am just working out some of the logistics.

Majority of the times, I just offer an extra handling fee to the seller and they usually end up shipping it... all they have to do is to take some time to fill out the custom form...

Back