TX Bust Battery Change Help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris rankin

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anybody know how many batteries the SS TX bust takes as I have taken off the base and removed 4 of the old ones but I am not sure if that is all as I remember reading somewhere that there is supposed to be 7 batteries. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

WOW I am overwhelmed by the amount of help, Thanks everybody :nana:

No worries anyway as I found out how many it takes which is 4 9volt batteries which are located in the base but you have to take off the pads to get to the screws, just in case anyone else needs to know.

:wave I've seen a couple of WTF are the batteries questions on this one.

changing the batteries is a pain in the a** on this bust with its pads & screws

Your right about it being a pain I now have to buy new pads as the old ones have lost their stickiness and one of the casings had ruptured on one of the batteries but luckily there was no leakage. :)

Your right about it being a pain I now have to buy new pads as the old ones have lost their stickiness and one of the casings had ruptured on one of the batteries but luckily there was no leakage. :)

when I got this bust five years ago, I was so confused because i had no idea where was the battery compartment that i was starting to think that my bust was a fake lol..after I figured it out by removing the pads I calmed down and my blood pressure went back to normal

when I got this bust five years ago, I was so confused because i had no idea where was the battery compartment that i was starting to think that my bust was a fake lol..after I figured it out by removing the pads I calmed down and my blood pressure went back to normal

Yes the joys of collecting :lol

I'm sure you would've gotten more help if more of us had the luck to own one of these. Man I want one so bad but don't wanna pay almost 2 grand for it. Ended up buying a 1:2 endo instead. Glad you figured it out. Had no idea it was such a pain just to swap the battery.

I'm sure you would've gotten more help if more of us had the luck to own one of these. Man I want one so bad but don't wanna pay almost 2 grand for it. Ended up buying a 1:2 endo instead. Glad you figured it out. Had no idea it was such a pain just to swap the battery.

And I thought Hot Toys figures were the most annoying to change but this bust takes the biscuit and the whole tin too. I was lucky enough to snaffle one of these busts from a forum member a couple of years ago but I didn't realise what they were going for now that is just crazy money.

:duff

With patience and a bit of luck, you can still get one of these for 1300 or so I believe.

I know 2k is what all the scalpers want for it but those are predominantly buyitnow or foreign auctions.

Every once in a while one of these will go up as a real auction and the prices there end up a bit more reasonable.

I got mine off ebay for a grand shipped last year.

Oh and make sure the condition is good. It's very easy to scratch up the chrome on this bust and some have malfunctioning lights as well.

I haven't had to change out the batteries on mine yet and don't really want to if I can avoid it. I use the lights judiciously and the batteries can last for awhile like that I believe.

With patience and a bit of luck, you can still get one of these for 1300 or so I believe.

I know 2k is what all the scalpers want for it but those are predominantly buyitnow or foreign auctions.

Every once in a while one of these will go up as a real auction and the prices there end up a bit more reasonable.

I got mine off ebay for a grand shipped last year.

Oh and make sure the condition is good. It's very easy to scratch up the chrome on this bust and some have malfunctioning lights as well.

I haven't had to change out the batteries on mine yet and don't really want to if I can avoid it. I use the lights judiciously and the batteries can last for awhile like that I believe.

The last real auction went for over 1800 on eBay just a few weeks ago...
Maybe sideshow will reissue it? Follow the hot toys route. Lol

Back