Two New R. Lee Ermey figures announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well not to impressed with the new voice chips, was hoping more a the extra salty stuff for the exclusives and I really wanted this cut err nevermind lets just say its the "Your from Texas, the only thing from Texas is Steers"

I am disappointed that SS chose to showcase these two "new" figures during the Toyfair. That is not to say they are not great figures and the clothing an headsculpt are great. They are.
I believe that I'm not alone in saying that we military/historical collectors are getting marginalized by comic book and hollywood figures. Rambo put in the military catigory is, well, a joke. Should have been placed in personalities. This too is a great figure for those who choose to collect Rambo. Yes I do cross over from time. Full disclosure, I did purchase John Wayne Premium format. Couldn't help myself historical figures however, are my main hobby. Did I already say the Ermey figures are great, but, where are our civil war, Fife and drum, live by the sord. Cumon sideshow!!!!!

Other then start another thread,

Oorah! I just received my belated birthday present (purchased with Birthday money), a Extra Salty R. Lee Ermey!
He must've been the last one available on the web for a reasonable price. I searched everywhere and the only places I could find him was Ebay at $70 and Toy Anxiety for $35.
Toy Anxiety came through, shipped him out super fast. I highly recommend them.
https://www.toyanxiety.com/

Great buy, I got an Xtra salty Ermey recently too he's awesome. I wound up paying around 60 for mine from his website, but its signed, so that helps a bit. Broke down and ordered the blues, pass on the PT though. Two is enough...although the PT is pretty funny....started a new exercise regimen...maybe he could motivate me when I feel like I'm gonna fall over.

sidecollector said:
I am disappointed that SS chose to showcase these two "new" figures during the Toyfair. That is not to say they are not great figures and the clothing an headsculpt are great. They are.
I believe that I'm not alone in saying that we military/historical collectors are getting marginalized by comic book and hollywood figures. Rambo put in the military catigory is, well, a joke. Should have been placed in personalities. This too is a great figure for those who choose to collect Rambo. Yes I do cross over from time. Full disclosure, I did purchase John Wayne Premium format. Couldn't help myself historical figures however, are my main hobby. Did I already say the Ermey figures are great, but, where are our civil war, Fife and drum, live by the sord. Cumon sideshow!!!!!

Take heart my friend for Ermy was a Marine.

i just ordred the dress blues ermey. not so sure about the PT one though. maybe if i can find him cheap somewhere. im looking for the extra salty one though but not gonna pay a crazy amount for.

Hairlesswookiee, Salty Ermey isn't the greatest. He needs more accessories like Watermelons as someone suggested and it would've been a perfect opportunity to release some highly requested weapons that 1/6 scale fans have been dying for someone to make. All he comes with is the stand, hat, and a baton. Also his shirt doesn't have full sleeves, so you're stuck with ugly bare arms.
He also doesn't say that many phrases, just six. PT and Dress Blues Ermey say almost double that.
Other then an autograph, I can't see why anyone would spend more then $50 for him. So I wouldn't be too upset if I couldn't find one.

It's not the quantity of phrases by Xtra Salty Ermey but the quality. ;) :D It was cool for a while but I'm getting bored with the phrases. If you want one, you can have mine for $30 shipped but it's loose. I don't think I have the box anymore.

Not sure, I got the dress blues version years ago, I love R lee Ermy, he reminds me of my father, he used to yell at me just like him in FMJ, looked alot like him too:panic:

[ame]https://youtu.be/LUr6kr6TagU[/ame]

An oldie but a goodie !:rock
Ermey's voice chip recording is the greatest action figure feature since the Kung Fu Grip!

Back