Twin Peaks - Special Agent Dale Cooper / FBI - Brand/Model Prop ID

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixelpiper

Super Freak
Reaction score
Over in the Interest forum there are currently two lists going, one for Cooper's 1/6 head sculpt and one for Cooper's clothing and accessories. I'm doing some research to help put together reference material for the clothing and accessories, a number of pieces of which have come along quite easily. But others not so much.

The big elephant I'm trying to pin-point right now is make/model of Cooper's overcoat (trench, mackintosh, whatever this particular model was referred as)

1412611233_twin-peaks-zoom.jpg

I've had a cursory look through the RPF and have come up empty, plus of course the usual Google searching.

The recorder which I thought might be difficult turns out to be a few models, the most iconic of which is the Panasonic RN-105

gettyimages-85375927.jpg

Even the gun was pretty easy, a Smith & Wesson Model 629 snub - in fact it seems like every gun ever used on the show has been thoroughly identified/vetted - gun people are thorough. But the coat... Ugh, can't find anything.

Any help?

I've seen Burberry mentioned, but since then I haven't been able to find a reference when looking for that brand. None of the Burberry images I can find have the correct number of buttons nor the same wide hem on the lapels.

Last edited:
Just finally found the episode I was looking for to show a comparison.

Season 2 Episode 9 right in the opening credits. You can see Albert on the left is wearing a Burberrys' style 3/4 trench and Cooper is wearing a full length as-yet unidentified trench (Lynch wears the same one as Cole a few episodes earlier)

albert-coop_trenches.jpg

Notable differences include only 6 buttons (3 on each side of the double breast), wide hems, different shaped lapels, collar and lapel are contiguous (doesn't have a hook-closing collar), 4 buttons on the cuff straps (not buckles), no storm flap at the back shoulders, lacks the Burberrys' style lining (it's got a brown satin-like lining) & the shoulder straps always lay very flat to the shoulders and don't have a fold on the outside edge where they're stitched.

Here's another shot where you can really see the folded shoulder strap on the left and the difference in the transition from the collar to the lapels.

Also, you can see the different style cut of the sleeves at the shoulders. The one of the left features what I believe is called a Raglan sleeve, while Cooper's has a regular sleeve attachment like you would find on pretty much any coat/shirt.

albert-coop_trenches2.jpg

Last edited:
Back