Tupuxuara - Pterodactyl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really nice ! ;D

It might be the lighting..the paint job looks pretty similar to the Collecta Hatzeopteryx...alright..just not..superb I guess.

A fully extended pterosaur would be difficult..but not much more so than flying dragons , birds or other fantastical pieces I've seen..I'm imaging the Gentle Giant Hungarian Horntail Dragon I have..lol

Here's another set of pics under natural light...

This piece is growing on me very quickly.

I can't stretch enough how much I like the guano on the rock. It gives the audience a grasp of reality regardless of its alien appearance, it's an animal trying to get by, not some sort of fictional monster.

DSC04584.jpg

DSC04583.jpg

DSC04591.jpg

DSC04586.jpg

DSC04594.jpg

DSC04595.jpg

DSC04589.jpg

I watched the preview video again, and thought to myself, "Hm... I wonder if it would look this way if I used the same fancy lighting."

It does seem to be lacking in the detail department. All the pics i've seen so far, make it look like this guy has glass eyes. Oh, how I wish it were true. Although, I've always thought glass eyes would only make the poor paint jobs look worse. It's nicer when the glass/acrylic eyes have a great paint job to go with them. :D

Btw, just got finished reading the first half of Delgado's PT interview. I'm ecstatic to hear that we will be seeing plenty more Age of Reptiles stories, coming from this man. Can't believe the guy got cut off in traffic, by Clint Eastwood. This man has some interesting stories. :lol

Got mine, I think it's great, but the colors seem more muted. The poo doesn't stand out as much either, it kinda looks like it may be color variations in the rock in some areas.

Back