Tupuxuara - Pterodactyl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schleich is very aggressive in their marketing; I've noticed them taking over everywhere. They're even in Toys R Us now.

Now for some unfortunate news: The in-stock notice was premature, and the Tupuxara is not scheduled to begin shipping until next week. I'm guessing this somehow ties into that "early opportunity" we heard about. Delays aside, anyone who placed an order should still be on track.

Yep mine soars in Monday :peace

So everyone who ordered..even me and Jeremy ..our pieces are still shipping ? Sorry for being a dunce here..it's just a bit confusing.

I have to say this piece seems to bring trouble with it..the first delay was a bad omen..let's hope it's not a continuing cycle .. heh heh

I guess they received a small initial batch, and the larger main stock is coming next week. Pretty much the same thing with CollectA. :lol

I guess they received a small initial batch, and the larger main stock is coming next week. Pretty much the same thing with CollectA. :lol

So to clarify..me and Jeremy will have our pieces shipped next week and not this week right ? Just trying to be sure when exactly. ;)

Except with CollectA that main stock still isn't going to help much eh ? ;D

That's what I'm told, yes. I only had one customer who pre-ordered it months in advance, so maybe he'll be getting his earlier? I'm not sure how Sideshow works things out, really.

CollectA's main stock does help big time. I just received a temporary refill from them today, and it's already like half-empty. Depending upon how one views the glass. Popular Irritator lives up to his name.

Yep. I don't even think it looks as good as the others, but there must be something about perched pterosaurs, like you said. Maybe Safari will dare to release one, but I'm more interested to see a pterosaur toob.

Got number 38 today, packaged very well. I was worried it might snap in shipping because it looked so fragile, but I checked it over and it looks good. I'll try and snap some pics this weekend for those who are still waiting.

Dear lord Dan..and my catch phrase " Perched for your Pleasure " was too lewd for ya ?! ;)

Jeremy I thought the " hooters " were on the hadrosaurs ?

Yeah, but they have different hooters, of which I am still most atracted to. :monkey1

Got number 38 today, packaged very well. I was worried it might snap in shipping because it looked so fragile, but I checked it over and it looks good. I'll try and snap some pics this weekend for those who are still waiting.

Good to hear someone finally received this bad boy. I can't wait to see your pics. How does the paint job look?

Paint looks good, a little more muted than the online pics at sc, but the colour blending is well done. The poop and base are lighter than pictured, so the poop doesn't stand out as much, which I really don't mind.

Mine should be here in the next...4 hours....:impatient:

This new Fedex driver won't deliver my stuff till end of his shift, drives me NUTS!!

Anyway I'll post some pics when it arrived.:clap

Last edited:
You got to give these delivery people some credit, my package wasn't delivered till 8:30pm...While signing the handheld I said with a hint of sarcasm "Well you're kinda late." The driver didn't say anything and darted...:dunno

Anyway since there's no natural lighting please bear with me and my lousy pics:

It's a great sculpt and paint job is boarderline acceptable and typical to usual factory level.

Guano on the rock is aplenty which I'm REALLY happy about.:clap

Overall I think SS nailed it, great species choice and great exection and most of all; great pose, a fully extended Pterodactyl would be a nightmare to any display.

125/350

DSC04574.jpg

DSC04580.jpg

DSC04579.jpg

DSC04578.jpg

DSC04577.jpg

DSC04575.jpg

Back