TrueType stands - which type is better - the crotch holders or the waist holders?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LookCloser

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi there, :wave

I'm going to be buying blank (no labels) HT/TrueType stands for all of my 1:6 figures. However, I haven't used either type of this stand yet. So my question is, which flavor do you guys prefer for your figs, both for general stability and for cooler posability options?

Thanks a million for any replies!

Depends on the figure really... I like the look of the crotch stands, but they don't offer a lot of stability.

I like the crotch stands because it's easier to take the figure off of the stand. I also like the fact that it doesn't squeeze the figures midsection.
I feel the same way. So does my Robocop :mad:

As for stability, the crotch stands are sufficient for my needs. You have to make sure the guy is balanced on there a bit, but I don't think I've ever had a shelf dive due to the crotch stands.

FYI, some people don't like the crotch stands because they think it is more noticeable. But those people are nutty.

Careful posing rubber bodies and rubber-costumed figures with crotch stands, they can leave dents in the surface. I'm not sure how permanent they will be, but they'll be there. Leonidas and Bats for example.

I feel the same way. So does my Robocop :mad:

As for stability, the crotch stands are sufficient for my needs. You have to make sure the guy is balanced on there a bit, but I don't think I've ever had a shelf dive due to the crotch stands.

FYI, some people don't like the crotch stands because they think it is more noticeable. But those people are nutty.

Rubber midsection ruined on your Robocop?

The only figures I worry about on the crotch stands are the legs of my Batman figures.

Rubber midsection ruined on your Robocop?

The only figures I worry about on the crotch stands are the legs of my Batman figures.
Dented the rubber

Careful posing rubber bodies and rubber-costumed figures with crotch stands, they can leave dents in the surface. I'm not sure how permanent they will be, but they'll be there. Leonidas and Bats for example.
As my Robocop would tell you, "Dead or alive, you're coming with me." He might also say that any kind of stand can do damage to rubber. Just use no stand if you want to avoid that possibility.

I think waist stands (those things are tight!) would do more damage than a crotch stand, especially on rubber. But I never let my stands touch rubber. It'll sit under them, but not touch them.

Crotch for rubber figures , waist for plastic.
I hate how the way the crotch stands make it so you can't have the figures legs close together. My robo did get a dent from his stand as well.

I wonder if a magnetic stand would work? Standard arm that can connect to the figure with a magnet? Thoughts?
Haven't seen a stand, but you could buy very thin magnets that you would glue on the soles of the shoes/boots/etc. and either glue to a base or in the case of a glass base such as a Deltof placing the magnet on the underside of the glass would hold the figure up.https://www.kjmagnetics.com/
You don't actually put the looping stands around the waist... You put it around the thigh.
This is why of both stands I like the waist version. SS's stands were too tall and wouldn't allow for this unless you modified it, but HT's were build small enough that there was no need for it to go around the waist. In a perfect world I would go stand-less, but I live in Southern California and aesthetics be damned.

Crotch version stand of course, looks aestetically better and... I hate that ugly waist mechanism :lecture

I hate the waist stands - they're too tight and I'm always afraid they'll damage the clothes.

Back