"Troop-Building" in 2008?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Cruel

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just reading the Q-n-A linked to below. The answer to the last question leaves me speculating as to whether we may see another "Endor Strike Force"-style set of troopers. I certainly hope so. And I do not care what troopers they are they are...Rebel, Imperial, Republic, or Separatist Droids!

I also hope they are in the 1:6 scale action figure line.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=3093&source=wp_news

"Barry D. asks: Can you drop another hint about the armored Star Wars 12-inch figures that Sideshow plans to produce? (when/who/how/etc)

SSC: Well, it's kind of a Black & White issue, and not at all easy to hint about."

not good news if ya ask me.

Seth Gecko said:
"Barry D. asks: Can you drop another hint about the armored Star Wars 12-inch figures that Sideshow plans to produce? (when/who/how/etc)

SSC: Well, it's kind of a Black & White issue, and not at all easy to hint about."

not good news if ya ask me.

I have decided to take that as hint toward Vader and Stormtroopers. Vader being black and Stormies being white.

And the "Not easy to hint at" being not easy without giving them away.

This was asked in during the Sideshow Panel, I forget exactly what they said but I remeber posting something about it in another thread.

Darth Cruel said:
I have decided to take that as hint toward Vader and Stormtroopers. Vader being black and Stormies being white.

And the "Not easy to hint at" being not easy without giving them away.

Yup, sounds like stormies to me.

I think Sideshow is going to start making B&W versions of existing figures like GG does. :monkey4

Stormtroopers are a must have for the line, but in terms of other types of troops, I'd wager Hoth soldiers are probably in the making.

Batty said:
I think Sideshow is going to start making B&W versions of existing figures like GG does. :monkey4

:emperor :emperor :emperor

That's not funny.

And sorry boys, I have a feeling armored characters are a ways off. In a similar interview they said Vader is at the top of the list of wants for the 12" line but won't be one of the next announcements. Based on that statement, I have a feeling he's in the works, but we won't see him until the end of 2007 at the earliest.

And Stormies are even further out.

Troop building in 2008?

That can mean only one thing...

Coruscant Fire Fighters for everyone!!!

44076760_351bac2f6f_t.jpg

They definitely alluded that 2008 would be the year of the troop builder, i.e. Stormies. They implied that there might not be a big thing like Jabba in 08, but people might want to spend more on troop building.

I thought the same thing. When they said a black and white issue not easy to hint about, I took it as a very sly and humorous way of "hinting" (more like telling!) that Stormtroopers would be a major part of next years line. I took that as great news!

Captain Faramir said:
I thought the same thing. When they said a black and white issue not easy to hint about, I took it as a very sly and humorous way of "hinting" (more like telling!) that Stormtroopers would be a major part of next years line. I took that as great news!

Me too Faramir. That still leave open classic troopers, snowtroopers and scout troopers, as well as Zero G troopers and DarkTroopers from the EU

Dark_Trooper_Battlefront.jpg
gen0089.jpg
phase3.jpg

I think as a first trooper figure for 2008 the Biker Scout would be the easiest 1/6 for SSC to start with, as some of the costume could be made from cloth and it wouldn't need to be totally armoured, a good way for them to dip their toe in the water.

Plus it would keep troop builders happy for a little while and give them more time to work on Vader/Stormies etc.

I'm not sure if they'd go with the Biker Scout though having just released the PF, wasn't there some rule about seperating 1/6 and PF character releases as far as possible, or has that rule since been debunked?

The other possibility is a Royal Guard, as really it would only require them to make a helmet, which would be no harder than Boussh Leia.

They could release blue and red versions.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
I'm not sure if they'd go with the Biker Scout though having just released the PF, wasn't there some rule about seperating 1/6 and PF character releases as far as possible, or has that rule since been debunked?

This rule was in place but was pretty much thrown out as they approached the 30th Anniversary. Darth Maul's release as a PF so soon after a 1/6 paved the way and of course followed ANH Leia and ANH Obi-Wan. At $60 a piece probably closer to $70 once armored characters are done it'll be interesting how many actually Troop build with these and in what numbers....personally I'm getting two of each but that's my limit....

Back