Tron?!?! TRON!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me in for a TRON figure and a cycle(if made), will be interesting to see how the lighting up of them both will be handled :confused:

Could it be that one of the reasons they are offering tron is because they made a development in glow technology with doctor Manhattan? They both could be made the same way. Manhattan glows his whole body but tron they block out section by painting. I don't know but it could be. Why would you do tron without some kind of glowing abilities.

Could it be that one of the reasons they are offering tron is because they made a development in glow technology with doctor Manhattan? They both could be made the same way. Manhattan glows his whole body but tron they block out section by painting. I don't know but it could be. Why would you do tron without some kind of glowing abilities.

The figure would have to be made entirely out of transparent plastic, then the non-glowing bits would have to be painted in to allow the light to shine through only where it is supposed to.

But assuming that Hot Toys will want to make the outfits out of cloth, and not just paint over the figure's body, I don't see how that would work in this case.

I think that glow-in-the-dark paint (the kind you have to charge under a light source) or neon paint (the kind that glows under a blacklight) are the only feasible options at this point.

Here's a prototype of the first figure.

04-21_TronCostumeByJayMaynard.jpg

Well... the thread made it 12 posts w/o this image coming up. Although as soon as I saw the thread title I knew it was only a matter of time :lol

Nah, it's more likely the lining on the Tron costumes will just have some sort of reflective material simulating the light-up effect. Even for HT, having the figures actually glow would be a tall order.

Anytime Tron is mentioned on the internet, we get to see that horrifying moose-knuckle within a couple of minutes...

and I laugh every time.

It keeps me from making a Tron costume myself for halloween, no matter what shape I am in!

Tron figures would be pretty ideal for the DX treatment too, with the digitized Flynn, Tron, and Yori, and Sark, and then the alternate real world characters too. A light cycle would be amazing with this line, and I would be happy with Tron and Flynn!

1982 tron figures would be nice, but i think i'd prefer the 2010 tron lightcycles, esp since we all know what ht is capable of. a 1/6 lightcycle with light-up features would be spectacular. :rock

looking forward to the official announcement.

The new lightcycles look to be amazing as well, but the old aesthetic for Tron is strangely timeless to me. I know the level of detail wouldn't be much of a challenge for Hot Toys for the old cycles, but the quality of work would be phenomenal!

The new lightcycles look to be amazing as well, but the old aesthetic for Tron is strangely timeless to me. I know the level of detail wouldn't be much of a challenge for Hot Toys for the old cycles, but the quality of work would be phenomenal!

And hopefully the simplicity of the design would translate to relatively low prices for the consumer.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind getting some figures from the Tron 2.0 videogame, like Jet and Mercury, or their updated lightcycle designs as well.

Probably not the level of detail... but the light cycles do have a very specific shape and look that has to be about 100% on or it will be disatorous. But again, HT knows what they are doing and I'm confident they'll rock the house.

Probably not the level of detail... but the light cycles do have a very specific shape and look that has to be about 100% on or it will be disatorous. But again, HT knows what they are doing and I'm confident they'll rock the house.

If Medicom can do it (twice), and Tomy can do a decent job over 20 years ago, it'd be a no-brainer for Hot Toys to produce perfect scaled replicas.

Dare I hope for one of the tanks?

I would love to see a Tank, A Recognizer, heck even the Master Control Program, but I think I'll just have to hold on to my Kubricks for those!

And at the level of detail that was in Tron graphics, who can tell the difference!

Really good figures of Tron and Flynn and I would be satisfied.

I wonder if they will have the faces painted in the faux black and white that was used to film the movie or if they would have flesh tones?

Back