Statue TriForce - Darksiders 2 - Death & Dust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh okay. Funny, if I purchased this statue direct from TriForce for zero dollars, & only had to pay for shipping, I'd still be paying around $140 more than it would cost me to buy the statue locally :lol That's messed up.

At full price?

image.jpg

Sale is good through tonight

Well that is mildly infuriating.
Mine have still not even shipped yet.
More pics or not unpacking it?

May I ask what date you placed your order?

Last edited:
I'm not unpacking it. Don't want to break anything. I've already partially boxed it.

I placed my pre order here locally sometime in 2013 I think. I didn't pre order directly from TriForce, so I'm not sure how long it would take if you ordered directly from them.

I'm not even sure if they have a replacement ready for me here locally. They might have to re order it, refund my money, or maybe some type of other arrangement. I already contacted my seller about it, but it's the weekend, so maybe I'll hear back from them next week. My seller is cool, so I'm not too concerned about this.

The box is huuuuuge. The statue itself is mint.

Mine came today
Soul Reaper edition base and blades
Standard edition statue
So hands and blades will not plug in.
Pic of face for those interested, and yes the box is enormous. Bigger then the SS P1 bust box.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
The piece I got was good not great. Good for the price I paid that was half off MSRP. At 650 plus shipping I would have sent it back.
The piece is huge. I know everyone keeps saying that, but it is big. When you pull the blades out of the box it surprised me so much even though I knew what to expect. The Crow is the size of a soda can. But for the size the paint apps are fairly simple.
Without being able to fully assemble I feel like I can not fully appreciate it yet, so holding off judgment for the time being.

It's just the paint on the base and the bone parts of his armour that look really flat to me, i was super close to getting him last night but i can't get past the paint.

Mine came today
Soul Reaper edition base and blades
Standard edition statue
So hands and blades will not plug in.
What? That's weird. You're getting a replacement statue (or parts) right?

/

Here's what I have (I have this week to tell my seller whether I want to keep it or not, since they sent me the wrong version). The regular version is impressive, but after turning on the LED's, I realise how much cooler the addition of light up blades on the Soul Reaper version must look, since the eyes & amulet light up nicely on the one I have. Maybe I should have simply sent it back without setting it up, because after seeing it all assembled, now I'm thinking I might want to keep it :lol

Still a bummer my seller isn't able to get the Soul Reaper version for me (sold out from their supplier I think), but the regular version is still nice. Anyway, here's an iPhone video & pic.

EQu6n5d.png

I ordered direct and should be receiving a replacement. I hope :)

If I were you I would ask for a partial refund if you decide to keep it. The exclusive blades make a huge difference in my opinion even without the light up feature. The paint apps on yours look like they came out really well.

My seller is cool, I was offered a little over 25% partial refund for sending me the wrong one, & not being able to source the Soul Reaper edition later. This was before I discovered a broken piece on the base (small bone part, clean break, so can be glued). I wasn't offered any further refund for that, but still, I feel it's a pretty good offer. I'm a bit torn on what I should do, because both options (full refund, or partial refund & keep the statue) are attractive to me.

& yeah, I feel the paint app is nice. I'd think they'd be similar to yours, no?

With your replacement, are they sending only missing parts, or the whole statue? Also, are you required to send anything back, or smash (Sideshow style) your statue?

The destroy option. I assume because of the cost associated with shipping something this big back.
From the video you posted the paint apps on yours look much better then the one I was sent. I am hoping for good news once my keeper arrives.

Have fun smashing it :lol

Strange to hear paint apps looking much better on mine. I even feel it's better in person, compared to the video. I didn't think it would vary that much from statue to statue, but what do I know? I scrolled back to rewatch an earlier review of the Soul Reaper edition, & I feel mine is similar to that. While scrolling back I read my earlier post about the special discount price of $260 (for Soul Reaper edition I think) when buying direct from TriForce. Crazy. Now that I own the regular, I realise that was a really good price for a piece like this. If you're into the videogame of course.

Sorry to bump an older thread. What was the general consensus on this piece?... Its a pretty short thread :). I found a regular for about half retail, and I wouldn't have to pay shipping. The piece is sealed though... is their risk of breakage/light not working? Thanks for any opinions.

Like with other pieces, sure, there is a chance of some type of QC issue. I haven't seen or read about any widespread regularly occurring QC issue though. It's a quality piece. I opted to get a full refund for my purchase though, for a few reasons. I didn't get the version I pre ordered, there was a small broken piece on the base, & the attractiveness of having a bunch of money back in my pocket .....

I do like to watch my video from a time it was in my possession, every now & then .....

Like with other pieces, sure, there is a chance of some type of QC issue. I haven't seen or read about any widespread regularly occurring QC issue though. It's a quality piece. I opted to get a full refund for my purchase though, for a few reasons. I didn't get the version I pre ordered, there was a small broken piece on the base, & the attractiveness of having a bunch of money back in my pocket .....

I do like to watch my video from a time it was in my possession, every now & then .....

Thanks for the info. I think $300 and some change when all is said and done may be worth it... cheaper than many of my Bowens :gah:

I think $300 to your door is very nice if it arrives in good condition. The box is quite large. The type of statue where it might be better to have 2 people unpack.

Back