Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the double post but one of your last shots is absolutely amazing.

Thanks. I appreciate that. I am still trying to figure out the best way to take pictures of this figure. It is totally different from most of my other customs in terms of doing it justice in images.

Regarding Dean, I don't know him personally but he aways comes across in his videos as a decent guy. Someone who is polite, thoughtful and sincere. If he is friends with people who make some of the stuff he gets then of course that could be a factor in how he reviews the items. He clearly understands the time and effort those people must have put into their work.

Just a quick and dirty pic. Love the sculpt on this.

Attachments

• 0000000tots1 (2).jpg
    0000000tots1 (2).jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 202
^ That's as good a Myers sculpt as I've seen in this scale.

And I watch the original at least once a year if that's enough credentials for certain people.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

^ That's as good a Myers sculpt as I've seen in this scale.

And I watch the original at least once a year if that's enough credentials for certain people.

Yah I don't get these "experts" saying it's off. I agree with Dean's assessment on it.

I guess to some people on this forum page I am " tinkerer":) Just want to give a huge shout out to Mrzombieshop for the beautiful rehaul of my tots myers head! Looks so good in hand then in picture.And I got the more movie accurate boots.

Current mods:
Hot toys bruce banner body
Hot toys platoon vietnam combat boots.
Custom metal and wood knife
And Rehaul hair and sculpt by Mrzombieshop.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
f67a6f1e391c9076879725146ae26772.jpg
a85ec1b11ade02ced3cca5fb4c065c2b.jpg
4339394da38b106de4d16a23c5a0a2eb.jpg
64a77eadbe4443d4df38d6da1e4df12a.jpg

Definitely looks better with rooted hair! Great job, congrats to zombieshop, definitely a big improvement on the original.

But yeah, back on the "debate", after relooking at various shots from the movie, I have to agree that Myers' mask never looks the same. It's crazy how it changes from scene to scene. When you watch the movie without pausing, you don't really notice it, but when you compare shots, it's crazy how different the mask looks. It's even to the point it looks different when you look at the frame and then watch the scene in motion. I came to the conclusion that no headsculpt is dead on and looks exactly on point.

And when you don't have a reference picture and just remember what Myers looks like in your head, it won't ever be like what it looks like in the movie.
Bottom line is we all have a different interpretation/visualisation of Myers in mind, and even in the movie it's just different in every scene.

And it's the same for the coveralls. The color looks different all the time. Sometimes it's spruce green, sometimes blue, sometimes gray, the only way to know the real color is by looking at shots from when they shot the movie. But if you look at the movie for reference, you can't pinpoint the right color. Again, you'll have an interpretation of the color in your mind, and I have to say that it's blue for me. In reality it was green, but with the lighting of the movie, the mental color I have from the movie is blue. Though I definitely prefer the green color on customs.

It's just interpretations.

Aside from the faithfulness from the source material, be it the movie or shots from the movie, or shots from the movie in the making, I think the bottomline for me is: how good does the figure look and does it represent the image of Myers I have in mind and love?

That's why I prefer the customs over anything official that's been released to this date. The quality is clearly better on customs, but even the representation looks far more faithful to me.

I have to say, "The Blackest Eyes" sculpt from Ones is really growing on me. Would love to own this. It's not faithful to the movie itself, but very faithful to one of the covers on the jacket of the movie (but I think it was used for Halloween 4 or 5 cover, not sure, I'll have to check). And the thing is, this specific cover/artwork is an image that I've looked at countless times, and I've kind of deformed it in my head with time, and Ones headsculpt exactly represents this mean, scary look of the mask.
And the Madbug versions just suit my interpretation perfectly.

The TOT figure, I still don't quite understand what it is I absolutely dislike. Maybe the face is too triangular, I don't know, it looks like a clown to me, in person. It doesn't look scary like the Ones HS, and it doesn't look "scary peaceful/emotionless" like the Madbug ones. Granted with the right lighting, it's definitely faithful to some shots of the movie. I don't know, but that's very subjective.

Then there are the other problems of this figure: the coveralls... They look okay, but compared to the Yunsil ones, it's just not on par. Again it's subjective. I just find the Yunsil coveralls far more classy, badass.

And yeah if we talk about the boots and everything else, the custom world is so crazy in that regard that it makes the TOT figure look very cheap.

Still, I'm sure that if Hot Toys tackled Myers, the result would be awesome. They'd probably not include a proper metal knife, but they would nail the headsculpt and coveralls at the very least.
Maybe we'll see a proper Sideshow version at some point, I really dig the PCS statues. Not gonna buy those but they really look dead on. If they manage to shrink this down to 1/6, it will be perfect and affordable for anyone.

Or maybe Trick or Treat will remake this Halloween line and put more budget next time, and ask for a higher price tag. It's definitely a great start at this price range, but surely they can do much better.

No offense to anyone, I completely respect your opinion & love for this figure.

Mental vision is a huge factor, it's what drives our response to a piece. The ToTS portrait is the only Myers sculpt I've ever seen of the '78 that instantly meshed with my mental vision, it's exactly what I would picture if I could sculpt it myself. I don't take issue with the other sculpts out there or people liking them, they just never met my needs, but great that they met the wants of others just how ToTS has for me.

While the internet and video software make it very easy to analyze collectibles against source material, at the end of the day, when it's up on your shelf, most of the time, those photos aren't sitting there right next to the piece to see how well it does or doesn't match, you look at it and you think about what the source looks like as you remember it and that either triggers you to feel the excitement you have about the source material or not.

I can easily say I own pieces that could be analyzed and determined to not be as accurate as they could be, but when I see them, they stir up my passion and excitement and when I'm spending hard earned money on them, that's what I need most.

Yeah exactly, I totally agree.

It's very cool that the figure is as accurate as can be, but really when a figure is done to a point that satisfies you 100%, you forget the source material to some extent.
It's really when there are obvious changes that it can be a problem. I remember that when I owned the first Star-lord Hot Toys years ago, it bugged me that they had to change the color of the walkman because it was copyrighted by Sony. It was a small detail but really bugged me.

But with Myers, the character itself changes everytime in the movie, it's the Shape after all. No definitive representation.

I found an idea for the TOT coveralls though, I'm going to go for a "what if Jamie had become the new Myers/future Jamie" figure. Not sure it will fit on a female phicen body though, but I have a spare one.

Mental vision is a huge factor, it's what drives our response to a piece. The ToTS portrait is the only Myers sculpt I've ever seen of the '78 that instantly meshed with my mental vision, it's exactly what I would picture if I could sculpt it myself. I don't take issue with the other sculpts out there or people liking them, they just never met my needs, but great that they met the wants of others just how ToTS has for me.

While the internet and video software make it very easy to analyze collectibles against source material, at the end of the day, when it's up on your shelf, most of the time, those photos aren't sitting there right next to the piece to see how well it does or doesn't match, you look at it and you think about what the source looks like as you remember it and that either triggers you to feel the excitement you have about the source material or not.

I can easily say I own pieces that could be analyzed and determined to not be as accurate as they could be, but when I see them, they stir up my passion and excitement and when I'm spending hard earned money on them, that's what I need most.

This. All day long. :goodpost:

You guys are killing me with all these great photos! BBTS keeps delaying delivery: now they're saying December (originally scheduled for October as I recall).

Those of us who collect know that BBTS is one of the slowest to get items. Do not order from them if getting your items as quickly as possible is your goal. In my experience with them I have never been disappointed with their service. I've only ever canceled items with them when I've found what I was looking for cheaper somewhere else. Why they get their stuff so late I don't know.

It is shocking how BBTS seems like the last place to get stuff sometimes. They just got in the NECA Retro Ghost Face and that started shipping in August, yet Marty from NECA got there like 2 weeks ago and started shipping in November, there’s no rhyme or reason, but they are at the mercy of supply.

Guys I need a little help here.
I tried to gather & contact several big names in the custom world, but without result. I tried to reach are Darth Magnus, Tinelas customs and some others. No answer. I didn't try this yesterday, just to make things clear, I'm a patient person. Tried several times and no luck. Can anyone here help me out on this or is it reserved to a select few?

Fantastic shot, Maul! That portrait is how I see Myers in my minds eye - and it's why this is my favorite sculpt.

And sure wish I had it in hand....BBTS.

I'm not sure that BBTS is the latest to get them in, so much as they take a really long time to ship stuff out. I've purchased plenty of items that were "In Stock" at BBTS, but it takes them over a week to actually ship them. Many times it takes a few days for them to just create the shipping label, then it's almost a week before the courier has it. I'm guessing, they only order a courier pickup once a week, or maybe they only take packages to couriers to be shipped out once per week.
In either case, it is quite long. And seemingly random choice in courier as well.

Back