Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong there is all kinds of wrong with those boots. However, if you wanted to improve the figure with the least amount of money spent the boots would be a place to start. With futzing you can hide those clown shoes. Sadly you can't hide the tread.

When you’re futzing the figure, you can really notice the boots, but once you have him futzed they don’t stand out so much.

Here’s how I personally prioritize customization of this figure.

1. Body Work

This can be as simple as some padding to make the proportions more like Nick Castle (like I did) or as complex as body swapping, depending on your needs and wants.

I love the look of my figure, but I am looking to get a new body for the extra elbow articulation.

2. Boots

I consider this second most relevant because for me, I’m weary to leave this figure on display long term without a stand because I feel like I can’t get the boots positioned well to stabilize him.

Second to that is appearance, which can be worked around but the update is worth it for other reasons so you get this benefit too.

3. Knife

The sculpt on the ToTS is good and decent enough if you don’t want to spend, but if you do, an actual metal knife makes the overall shelf presence even better.

4. Head

Depending on your tastes, you may want the head repainted or updated with faux hair.

5. Hands

If you’re not doing figure photography or getting a custom knife, I don’t see a need for new hands, up on a shelf the stock hands will look just fine. I have a mix right now, alternate right for my bigger knife but ToTS left at the moment. I do have a good reaching out hand from my Hot Toys Episode 3 Obi-Wan to use for photos but I tried it for display and it looked too extreme.

6. T-shirt

While the shirt is cheaply made, it can serve the purpose just fine, I swapped mine out because I happened to have black t-shirt in my parts bin, but I didn’t feel a need to invest money if I had to order one.

7. Jumpsuit

I can see where some may want to swap out for color reasons, but otherwise, I think the tailoring work on the stock suit is superb.

I really like what TOTS was able to do. Both of mine have been messed with, but really for an average collector I don't see how they could have many complaints.
Screenshot_20201119-192413_Gallery.jpg

Knife and hands would be at the top of my list to change first. I don't know how much, or if any money, I want to spend on this guy. After having it for awhile the knife does need to shine and with that so do the hands (shine in a different way). The hands I most likely have in some fodder bin. The knife I do not. The body would be a consideration, but only for the elbow articulation. That may be something that bothers me over time.

I look at it mainly by what I can notice more from across the room on display. When I padded my body, it was because I was looking at him on the shelf and noticed some of the negative space between the arms and body looked odd and once I padded, that was fixed. From that distance, I can't tell much about the hands, outside of the hand gesture for the non-knife hand, not much stands out so as long as what I have looks nice in that way, it doesn't bother me if it looks less real on closer inspection. If I put Michael next to my Hot Toys figures on a shelf with ToTS hands, I won't be able to tell they're lesser quality than the guy with HT hands next to him.

Maul, I hear you. I'm talking more about the added expense of upgrades. That waistline has always bothered me. Adjusting that will not likely cost you any money. Adding hands, knife, body, etc. is going to add up quite quickly. I guess I'm talking to those who just like to pop open their figures and plop them on a shelf and expect this figure to be just that. I guess it could be depending on one's level of expectation. You and I, Maul, are tinkerers. Part of the love of this hobby is the journey.

I hear ya, and I would say that, out of the body, you can get this figure to look great on a shelf. There are some figures where nearly every collector will want to do some level of tweak, something significant enough was done poorly enough that nearly everyone wants to rectify it out of the box, then there are levels where it's more a matter of can you do these things and do you want to.

There are some collectors who are going to change out parts of this figure simply because even knowing that a particular part is not the best it can be will bother them until it's dealt with, while others will look at those same parts and only do some based on how much it impacts their enjoyment.

I agree the boots are a bit clown looking, but it doesn't bother me enough to be driven to replace, the fact that I have some struggles to get him to safely hold a pose without a stand is the bigger concern to me, so much so I could even be happy with inaccurate boots that are more supportive.

For me that's what makes this figure a steal for the price, if you're looking to be content out of the box you get a great value for the money spent, and if you're the type of collector that likes to pour themselves into their figures and refine them to their personal preferences, you've got some great starting materials to work with which are still nicely priced even for parts.

It's been about a month now having him and I'm still in awe. I'm actually planning to do a ranking of all the Myers figures I own soon and give some retrospective thoughts on the journey as well, but in short for now, this is my number 1 piece without question and everything I have wanted out of a figure all of these years of buying Myers figures. I started with the McFarlane 7" Myers back in 1999 and there have definitely been highs and lows along the way but in pursuit of a figure that really embodies the '78 look, there's been disappointment until now.

Even though I need time before paying for it, I really can't wait for the 2018 to release now.

Just got email from TOTS. 4 and 5 Myers to ship late December early January. 2018 Myers delayed to march 2021

Funny your boots do not help with stability. That's one of the reasons for me to not change them. He's solid.

Don't get me wrong this has been one of those surprise figures. It was completely worth the purchase. I'm not delving into the rest of the figures. Just not enough interest for me. I would consider a RZ Myers, but we will see if it goes that far.

I would be interested in your take on previous figures as I have many of those as well.

I also see you purchased the Mego style Loomis and Laurie. I was tempted, but since I don't own that Myers I passed.

I agree the boots are a bit clown looking, but it doesn't bother me enough to be driven to replace, the fact that I have some struggles to get him to safely hold a pose without a stand is the bigger concern to me, so much so I could even be happy with inaccurate boots that are more supportive.

I do agree the boots look like clown shoes but the jungle boots castle wore are also rather long looking in certain photos
3d0e35cfdcd10b8602cf163334fc4a78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got mine in. First impressions are really good. Fantastic sculpt, good paint, great coveralls. Body feels solid/doesn't flop around. Packaging with the classic poster art is icing on the cake. It's light on accessories but for $120 US it's a steal IMO. This is the first official 1/6 '78 Myers correct? I know Sideshow released a Myers years ago but it didn't look like '78 Myers to me.

Sideshow’s original seems to be technically a ‘78, the knife sculpt and packaging seem based on it, but everything else about the figure feels like an original design with no resemblance to any film incarnation.

Need some advice.

Is it even worth it to get the sideshow figure now? I feel like with the mods I made to this figure, that I don?t really need another Myers, and tots is releasing the accessories pack. Should I go ahead and just cancel the sideshow one?

Need some advice.

Is it even worth it to get the sideshow figure now? I feel like with the mods I made to this figure, that I don?t really need another Myers, and tots is releasing the accessories pack. Should I go ahead and just cancel the sideshow one?

So far I think the Proto SSC is vastly superior to this......but I never underestimate the ability of SSC to disappoint.

Need some advice.

Depends on what the appeal of the Sideshow figure is for you. If you like the mask or costume better than ToTS, then it's still worth getting. If you're happy with your ToTS figure and only care for the Sideshow for extras, then I'd probably wait to see if ToTS puts out the rumored accessory pack which will likely include everything Sideshow does if not more, and would probably cost a fair bit than getting the Sideshow figure.

Depends on what the appeal of the Sideshow figure is for you. If you like the mask or costume better than ToTS, then it's still worth getting. If you're happy with your ToTS figure and only care for the Sideshow for extras, then I'd probably wait to see if ToTS puts out the rumored accessory pack which will likely include everything Sideshow does if not more, and would probably cost a fair bit than getting the Sideshow figure.

Cost a fair bit less or more? Lol

Given how mediocre their knife is, I personally don't have much faith in ToTS accessory pack, to be honest. But we'll see...

Cost a fair bit less or more? Lol

Should be less, if a figure runs $120-$180, an accessory set shouldn't be more than that, which comes in under the $235 price tag of the Sideshow figure.

Given how mediocre their knife is, I personally don't have much faith in ToTS accessory pack, to be honest. But we'll see...

By standards of what else is out in the world for options, yes the ToTS knife isn't anything special and pretty much NECA level in quality, but, the prototype Sideshow looks just as "cheap" and no better, and in the comparison of waiting for a ToTS accessory pack or Sideshow accessories, I think they'll be on the same level ultimately.

michael-myers-deluxe_halloween_gallery_5f7f5018b661f.jpg

Back