Statue Triceratops Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only got on the waitlist for the Triceratops EX a few weeks ago so it probably won't convert but then again if they've actually bumped it from 250 to 500 maybe it will. I don't think any of these are properly scaled in relation to each other but the Stegosaurus is probably the most obvious. It looks big enough to take the T-REX.

Placement of the baby makes sense if it's trying to protect it. I keep thinking all the pieces would look best on islands for display.

Are there pegs in the baby's feet? If not it could placed wherever you want it.

I'd say the Trike is scaled well against the Rex from the pics so they can go together. Triceratops was HUGE, not long but just massive.

I think the T-Rex and Triceratops are designed to go together and scaled the same. Even with the scale differences with other pieces, I still absolutely LOVE the way this line displays together.

P
Placement of the baby makes sense if it's trying to protect it. I keep thinking all the pieces would look best on islands for display.

Are there pegs in the baby's feet? If not it could placed wherever you want it.

I'd say the Trike is scaled well against the Rex from the pics so they can go together. Triceratops was HUGE, not long but just massive.

Yes the baby has pegs.

Thanks for the reply. Hmm..that does make it a bit more annoying for moving it..but not impossible I don't think. I'll have to play with it when it gets here and see how it looks.

If you were careful and had the right tools you could remove the pegs I guess. I think it would still stand fine.

If the baby trike was on a separate base I'd be WAY too tempted to place it in mortal danger right in front of the Rex. :balrog

I still think that it would have been much better if the baby Trike came with a separate base.

This is a great idea and super easy to do with a bit clay and paint. I was previously considering just making some little terrain covers for the pegs so it could be placed on the other side of the base..but it would depend how uneven the base terrain is. I'll give something a go when it gets here.

Unfortunately the first impression that I have about the baby triceratops... of course from several more photos from collectors, is that it gives me the feeling of cheap toys, even cheaper than baby stegosaurus:(( Unfortunately, I feel like the casting have not kept all the details. Especially the head, horns and eyes. The eyes seem to be dumped into orbit. Honestly I quit tonight for the waiting list for exclusive version. It is a mess. The prototype looks amazing, but casting looks like a cheap Chinese toy, $ 5. I do not want to offend anyone, but Sideshow has ruined everything with this exclusive version:( . I own T-rex dinosaur Exclusive No10 and half dino it looks much better!

PS: One question, actually I repeat myself because no one replied to me:) The regular Triceratops can already order in US? It is available in the warehouse at Sideshow?

Unfortunately the first impression that I have about the baby triceratops... of course from several more photos from collectors, is that it gives me the feeling of cheap toys, even cheaper than baby stegosaurus:(( Unfortunately, I feel like the casting have not kept all the details. Especially the head, horns and eyes. The eyes seem to be dumped into orbit. Honestly I quit tonight for the waiting list for exclusive version. It is a mess. The prototype looks amazing, but casting looks like a cheap Chinese toy, $ 5. I do not want to offend anyone, but Sideshow has ruined everything with this exclusive version:( . I own T-rex dinosaur Exclusive No10 and half dino it looks much better!

PS: One question, actually I repeat myself because no one replied to me:) The regular Triceratops can already order in US? It is available in the warehouse at Sideshow?

I don't think anyone in the US will get them for a couple weeks. The email I got said there's a dock workers strike and its going to take a while to import anything from boat.

These are extremely bad news Bob 121 :( So in conclusion we will see the first statues in U.S. in the first part of August or middle of August :( Did all the collectors received this mail from Sideshow ?

My friend recieved Trike EX now but mine still no E-mail from SS. Don't know how SS manage to shipping.

I received mine today. I'm in the UK. What really irks me is that the ES was raised. It says 250 on the website. On the box it says 500. I honestly don't understand this company. Some of us buy these things because we want limited items. It's out right fraudulent to still have that 250 EX number on the website when you actually made 500 and put that on the box.

I received mine today. I'm in the UK. What really irks me is that the ES was raised. It says 250 on the website. On the box it says 500. I honestly don't understand this company. Some of us buy these things because we want limited items. It's out right fraudulent to still have that 250 EX number on the website when you actually made 500 and put that on the box.

I would say we should do something about it, but what can we even get? I wouldn't mind a small compensation.

They raised the ES on this piece? Is that a known fact or did they just make a mistake with the numbering on the base?

Back