Statue Triceratops Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never did the payment plan, I am going to do it for the 3 tho, Trex, Tops and Straco. Do the payments just start the few months before the release? So if one ships in Jan and the other in april, I wont get nailed all at once?

When you go to checkout, you can set up your own payment schedule. You can choose how many payments you want it to be broken down into and what day of the month you want them to take the money. You'll see the breakdown right there with which months money will be taken out for the flex payments. If the item gets delayed, the final payment won't be taken until it's ready to ship, but the rest of the flex schedule will be the same up to that point.

When you go to checkout, you can set up your own payment schedule. You can choose how many payments you want it to be broken down into and what day of the month you want them to take the money. You'll see the breakdown right there with which months money will be taken out for the flex payments. If the item gets delayed, the final payment won't be taken until it's ready to ship, but the rest of the flex schedule will be the same up to that point.

Thanks Ben,

Are you getting any of the new ones?

bad to see that you can only get the baby triceratops directly at sideshow. I wasn´t a big fan of the exclusive versions with the skulls but they should make lower prices for the original versions, which i can get from my dealer here in germany. buying directly from sideshow is to expensive for buyers in europe because of EU duty fee (don´t know why?) shipping costs, customs and tax...

I spoke with Tom Gilliland for 10-15 minutes while at Comic-Con on Thursday. I made sure to mention how much we do appreciate them bringing the line back and adding new pieces. He said that the repaints and the new pieces have been selling much better this time around and it's given them some renewed confidence moving forward.

I mentioned how much I really love the line and how much I've enjoyed all the work and effort thats gone into it. He mentioned a couple new pieces they're starting to work on but said their largest struggle has been finding that balance between what is the known science today and also bringing in a small amount of drama to make the pieces really pop. I gave him my perspective on the subject and told him to that I welcome a little flare but am hesitant when it goes too far to an extreme.

All in all it was a vey positive conversation and I was ecstatic to hear the line it doing well! So good things all around.

@Chris S: sounds good, i think Sideshow should follow it´s design philosophy with the dinosauria line, they did a great job so far. Would love to see another big theropode dinosaur next.

Does sound good, but still perplexed as to why no dinos were shown at the Con. If SS relaunch was aimed at kick-starting this line, they missed a great chance to do so. Hoping it's not a bad omen, & we'll see more sooner than later.

Does sound good, but still perplexed as to why no dinos were shown at the Con. If SS relaunch was aimed at kick-starting this line, they missed a great chance to do so. Hoping it's not a bad omen, & we'll see more sooner than later.

The only time I recall seeing them at the Con was that first year of the Dinosauria line. I missed out on last years con but I'm pretty sure they weren't displayed.

While Comic Con is a great place to get them into the public eye I'm not sure it's the best use of the limited space they have available. This year they had a small tunnel type section showcasing the new Court of the Dead line. And while they do look VERY impressive (and sometimes awesomely gross) the biggest draw by far were the comic characters (fyi, World War Hulk leaves me without words it's so cool) and movies licenses (Avengers, Back to the Future, Aliens, etc). I don't think I ever saw more than a few people in the tunnel at any time while the other displays had many people around them at all times.

I'd love to see them at the con next year but at the same time I understand that sideshow is a business and they need to promote those items that they feel will have the biggest impact on revenue. And if that helps to keep some of the smaller lines going then I'm all for it.

Makes sense Chris, hoping you are right, as this line is just starting to revive, & we dino collectors can't afford any missteps from SS or ourselves. Hoping the momentum lasts at least until Jurassic World is released, which will hopefully peak the interest of many more collectors for this wonderful Dinosauria line.

Does anyone know if the weird bottom black part of the base comes of? I have been collecting my ass of for the old line and they all fit nicely together and it would suck if all the new ones suddenly have another base, kind of ruins the unity (?) they have all together.

Either way it's goddamn expensive, hate Sideshow for getting me into collecting this line, in the beginning saying prices wouldn't go up to far and making me think I could keep it complete and loving it and now pushing them up further and further because it's kinda populair. 350 dollars for Trike is ridiculous. Is 280 in euro's, I paid 175 for Styracosaurus some years ago. Also not nice to make the part that makes the statue make sense (tha baby) only available for exclusive. I don't have a credit card, do not want all the extra import fees if I would and shops in my country cannot get exclusives.

Pff sorry for al the wining but am really a bit pissed. Sideshow, making collecting less fun since 2013, at least for me :(

On topic about the statue: I like the pose, at least with the baby. Not sure about the colours, they seem to be more in line with the new statues than with the old ones. Might look awkward among the less fleshy colourtones from the original ones. I feel like myself and (other collectors) of the original line are pushed aside for people just coming in collecting this, but that's just my feeling. And indeed, why not present them on the comic con? Since when does Sideshow decides WoW or Court of the Dead stuff is more important for collectors than this?

Sorry guys, had to get it of my chest. Not sure if I'm gonna get it, not sure if I like coloration and probably too expensive for me anyway. And we already have I trike, in the diorama, makes it even more unsure. Feel kinda bummed now :( was looking into the new Stego as well because that is the only repaint I can handle and I don't have it yet but is also ridiculously expensive.

Does anyone know if the weird bottom black part of the base comes of? I have been collecting my ass of for the old line and they all fit nicely together and it would suck if all the new ones suddenly have another base, kind of ruins the unity (?) they have all together.

Either way it's goddamn expensive, hate Sideshow for getting me into collecting this line, in the beginning saying prices wouldn't go up to far and making me think I could keep it complete and loving it and now pushing them up further and further because it's kinda populair. 350 dollars for Trike is ridiculous. Is 280 in euro's, I paid 175 for Styracosaurus some years ago. Also not nice to make the part that makes the statue make sense (tha baby) only available for exclusive. I don't have a credit card, do not want all the extra import fees if I would and shops in my country cannot get exclusives.

Pff sorry for al the wining but am really a bit pissed. Sideshow, making collecting less fun since 2013, at least for me :(

On topic about the statue: I like the pose, at least with the baby. Not sure about the colours, they seem to be more in line with the new statues than with the old ones. Might look awkward among the less fleshy colourtones from the original ones. I feel like myself and (other collectors) of the original line are pushed aside for people just coming in collecting this, but that's just my feeling. And indeed, why not present them on the comic con? Since when does Sideshow decides WoW or Court of the Dead stuff is more important for collectors than this?

Sorry guys, had to get it of my chest. Not sure if I'm gonna get it, not sure if I like coloration and probably too expensive for me anyway. And we already have I trike, in the diorama, makes it even more unsure. Feel kinda bummed now :( was looking into the new Stego as well because that is the only repaint I can handle and I don't have it yet but is also ridiculously expensive.

I used to fell the same way like you...about the price problem...actually this happens not just to Sideshow, not just to Dinosauria line...it happens to 'every' line of 'every' company in 'Capitalism' world......if you don't feel comfortable with the price...take your time to think about it as long as you need...ask your self 'Do I really need this?' You should pay the bill 'happily'.
If the price piss you off...I won't be happy for you if you buy it; if the price/space/color, etc are not the problems, I won't be happy for you if you don't buy it.

Sleis, that black, rocky part doesn't come off. I asked a Sideshow rep and they confirmed that it's permanently affixed to the bottom of the base. It started with the Mosasaur and every release since then has had it too. I had the same concern because I also have quite a few of the old releases and wanted them to display well with the new ones I want to get.

Just got an email from Sideshow telling me this baby's been pushed back to 'June/July'.
Thought I'd share.

I hope these stay in stock long enough for me to get an order in! Probably won't be for a couple months, but now that the Carno has been pushed to dead last, I think I'm gonna go for this guy after the Spino.

Back