Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess this puts a cap on my Firefly crew of 9 plus 1. I really hate to see this collection completed. Would love to see Trev turn out a Badger and a Saffron sculpt. I'd be first in line to pick those up and enlarge my cast.

Old Grandpa

Well I guess this puts a cap on my Firefly crew of 9 plus 1. I really hate to see this collection completed. Would love to see Trev turn out a Badger and a Saffron sculpt. I'd be first in line to pick those up and enlarge my cast.

Old Grandpa

It was fun working on the crew and seeing your figures come to life Richard. :clap

Old Grandpa

simple solution, send them all to me and start over :yess:

I have put these all in a box and closed it up. It's just too frustrating to worry about finding matching clothes, and spending hundreds per figure to have something that is close, but maybe not 100% accurate. I am glad some of you have been successful or happy with what you have. But I want accurate, not close. I may revisit them again one day.

Got my Simon sculpt back from Josh and will post a few pcs of him and my completed Book next weekend.

Hey BG, sorry you're putting your crew on hold. You started this whole mess way back on 12-12-2009. You got my attention, and now I'm about ready to finish the journey which I would never have started if not for you. I give you my undying gratitude.

Old Grandpa

Got my Simon sculpt back from Josh and will post a few pcs of him and my completed Book next weekend.

Hey BG, sorry you're putting your crew on hold. You started this whole mess way back on 12-12-2009. You got my attention, and now I'm about ready to finish the journey which I would never have started if not for you. I give you my undying gratitude.

Old Grandpa

Cannot wait to see your Simon OG. Always a pleasure to see what you put together. And Josh has done some great work!

Thank you. I did start it, but only because Trevor said I could. :lol I still love them and will probably pick them back up in the future. But right now it's just too much of an overwhelming feeling.

I have put these all in a box and closed it up. It's just too frustrating to worry about finding matching clothes, and spending hundreds per figure to have something that is close, but maybe not 100% accurate. I am glad some of you have been successful or happy with what you have. But I want accurate, not close. I may revisit them again one day.

Sorry to hear this BG, but I understand. Customs and bashes take a lot of time and money and sometimes the end product is not up to your standards. As much as I like Firefly, I decided to just work on Mal, Jayne, and Zoe (maybe Inra) and call it a day. It is fun but all I think is how much money I am putting into these bashes for inaccurate clothing accessories. I went all out for my Stargate SG-1 bashes and that really soured me to go all out on bashes again.

I know how you feel. I decided to take on River after finishing Mal and Jayne because she seemed like an "easy" bash, but I just spent $60 on a stupid Buffy Graduation Day figure, just for the cool hand weapon to complete the figure. Its a sickness I tell you.

I love the entire creative process of making these from scratch. I love that there are thousands of SSC and HT figures that look exactly the same yet there are dozens of Firefly figures that are all unique. I love that everyone's is different, yet each outfit, each difference could be something that character wore. I love the uniqueness of my figures.

I understand how you feel. I would settle for close on most, but can't even get there. :monkey2

I think part of the fun in these is making them myself and having something a little unique that no one else has the exact same version of. It doesn't have to be 100% screen accurate to look great. The characters had many different looks, so slight variations are acceptable.

Well, all good things come to an end, and it looks like this is getting close for me. My crew is almost done, only a more screen accurate shirt for Book to go.

Here's some shots of my finished Simon and my new and improved Book. I really like the way Book turned out, just waiting on his shirt.

firefly001.jpg

firefly002.jpg

firefly012.jpg

Many, many thanks to Trev and Josh, without who's help none of these figures would have been possible.

Old Grandpa

Just got my River head back from SilentSurfer, and here she is. Used a Babydoll body with Resident Evil Alice lower legs to make her a touch taller.

I only wish my photography was as good as Trevor's sculpting, or Nathan's painting.

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

Back