Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Are you just gonna use spoonflower?

For Wash's fabric I was thinking about it but their selection is limited and their knit only comes an ivory color. I have a sample book of other fabrics from Dharma coming so I'm hoping that in their 30+ different choices, I'll find something great.

Got my heads today. They are outstanding and look even better in person! I cant wait to get started.

Wes

If someone wants to get it printed, I can make a few shirts for you...
I'm not sure how you want to do those arrangements though...the scale has to be perfect to pull it off, plus you have to watch the repeat on the fabric so you dont waste too much in the end.

I have used spoonflower in the past for some Jack Nicholson joker fabric so you should get good results. Make sure you have a good high res. file to work with.

CHAD
SMCG

If anyone knows how to get a hold of Stevo, let me know. I've tried...no luck.

Hey BG. I've never had any problem contacting him at [email protected]. Give that a try.

Old Grandpa

Thanks OG. I appreciate it. I will do that next. :D Still having the hardest time getting boots for Zoe. It's killing me over here.

I do have some spare boots for Mal, if anyone is interested, pm me. They are really nice, I've painted them brown and can show pics upon request.

I picked up Abigail Whistler boots for Zoe. They work pretty well, I think?

ALSO - FOR EVERYONE WHO ASKED ME FOR IRON-ONS - The dark ones for Kaylee didn't work as well. They're just so small that they're almost impossible to iron on - I ended up going through 3 bears, 4 hearts, and gave up on the flower. BUT if anyone wants to still try their luck, I still have a few printed out. Just LMK.

I'll post some pics of my (finished?) Kaylee tonight and my finished Jayne.

kiopond keep us up to date on the River and Wash materials. I would be in for both... I'm sure others would follow and make the endeavor worth while....

Yeah I'd be interested in those fabrics if they become available.

i arrived a little late to the party, but im trying to get up to speed.
im on chads waiting list and waiting for mals head the first of many (i hope).
idid this in the meantime. sorry for the horrible picture

picture.php

You want an update? The River dress design is now a 600 dpi repeating pattern saved nice and safe at home, I should be recieving my sample book to help nail down a fabric type to get it and all the other fabrics printed onto and the 1:1 scale Wash shirt has been shipped from Japan.

i arrived a little late to the party, but im trying to get up to speed.
im on chads waiting list and waiting for mals head the first of many (i hope).
idid this in the meantime. sorry for the horrible picture

picture.php

Looks really good. What did you use? You're off to a good start, and welcome to the group.

Old Grandpa

hi, tks old grampa, its made with a scofild revolver as a base, thas why the angle of the handle is wrong. it was modify entirely except the trigger guard with epoxy, styrene, 2 neils and a switch selector from a mp5

I was lucky enough to be among the first people to receive a few of Trevor's most amazing Firefly sculpts. This guy is a talented artist and by his sculpts, you can see he puts his heart and soul into his work.

I got the ok from Trevor to start this thread for anyone who may want to view them. He will be setting something up I believe for people to order them, so I'd say don't bombard him with messages. He'll respond to this I'm sure, letting everyone know how to go about putting their request in.

I will tell you that the photos do not do these sculpts justice. How they look in person has blown me away. The attention to detail is astounding. You will be more than happy with these as a part of your collection.

I had to use Trevor's shots of them because my camera is pretty not great and is just taking some bad shots. So Trevor, hope you don't mind, but your shots were best.

Congrats Trevor on such amazing pieces. Definitely sculpts to treasure in my collection. Cannot wait for more.

WOW!!!!!! I love Firefly and was absolutely gutted when it was canceled. Those sculpts really bring the characters to life. Beautiful work!!

OK, any ideas how to remove THIS from my mini-jump suit ? At first I thought it was a transfer, but now it seams more painted on. Making it hard to remove. I've tried to scrape a bit off, but it didn't work to well. Help ?
JERMS !!!

OK, any ideas how to remove THIS from my mini-jump suit ? At first I thought it was a transfer, but now it seams more painted on. Making it hard to remove. I've tried to scrape a bit off, but it didn't work to well. Help ?
JERMS !!!

Try hitting it with heat and then scraping it.

Update on fabric. Ok despite 3 inch thick stack of fabric samples, few are right for this scale so I'm thinking of just using cotton for River and Wash. Easy to work with, wetted then shaped, I think it'll pull off the drape of River's dress. The full size version of Wash's shirt arived for Sendai Japan (yes that Sendai) and I have scanned sections in. Now I just have to jigsaw it together, color correct and create a repeating pattern.

Back